Job Canceling

by ChevyDriven86

Original Post

Job Canceling

★★★ Newbie
Not new to game. I'm a level 47. New to this forum though. I think we should start a discussion on how to cancel jobs within a minute of starting them just in case you picked the wrong job and are stuck on that job for 24 hours and have no choice but to use Donuts to get rid of the job so you can still use that character.
Message 1 of 6 (1,746 Views)

Re: Job Canceling

Hero (Retired)

There is a pinned thread above 'how to retrieve missing/stuck characters' that can be useful if you send someone on the wrong length task or you wish to free them. 

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Simpsons-Tapped-Out/INFO-How-to-retrieve-missing-stuck-characters/m-p/4...

However not all characters can be freed, as the Simpsons House cannot be stored, or if you have Homer or Lisa on a visual task, they cannot be stored either. Most buildings can be stored to free characters inside them.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
This site is for players helping other players. I do not work for EA.
If my post has helped please consider granting XP and if the issue has been resolved tap the ‘Accept as Solution’ button. Thanks.
Message 2 of 6 (1,735 Views)

There are two forums for TSTO, provided by EA

- A Help forum - AHQ, this, where player helps players with issues that may occure in the game.

Please note that though it is provided by EA, this is not support. We are players helping players.

We like to avoid discussions and speculations, since it makes it harder to find the help questions.

- A Discussion forum, where you can chit-chat, speculate and share design ideas etc

I think that is the forum you're looking for.

Like Muhsterion said, there is a pinned post here with all the basics.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 3 of 6 (1,730 Views)

depending on the skins or task picked Lisa and homer's tasks CAN be canceled. For example Lisa on the Exterminator can be canceled by storing the exterminator. Balance beam Lisa's task can be canceled by storing balance beam. Mayan homer's task on the calendar can be canceled by storing the calendar so be careful when picking tasks for homer and Lisa and ty and keep them on storable tasks. Especially right before and during events. 

Hero-EA Answers HQ
Senior Forum Moderator-EA Tapped Out Official Forum
I am a volunteer for EA and am not an employee
Message 4 of 6 (1,718 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Ty for the info. But there should still be a way to cancel jobs without storing buildings. Maybe put a cancel button in the town hall. I'll post in the correct forum.
Message 5 of 6 (1,650 Views)

People have been asking for a cancel task button for years so unlikely to happen. Also players have been asking at least for a way to store homer, lisa, and or the Simpson house. Tapped out devs did add a rush task feature awhile back. I suppose that may have been the compromise?
Hero-EA Answers HQ
Senior Forum Moderator-EA Tapped Out Official Forum
I am a volunteer for EA and am not an employee
Message 6 of 6 (1,642 Views)