[INFO] The Simpsons: Tapped Out Troubleshooting for iOS devices

by EA_Spectre

Original Post

[INFO] The Simpsons: Tapped Out Troubleshooting for iOS devices

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Please click on the links to read an article about a specific issue:

1. Every time I launch the game, my Springfield looks like the previous changes aren't saved. How do I ...
  2. Why is my Lemon Tree missing?
  3. Why can't I get back into the game?
  4. Sometimes when I get into the game, my progress is lost and I start at the beginning. What's up?
  5. It looks like I'm stuck and can't progress in the game. I'm not getting tasks or characters have dis...
  6. My buildings no longer earn taxes and appear to be stuck in the "waiting" state. How can I fix this? 

1. Every time I launch the game, my Springfield looks like the previous changes aren't saved. How do I fix this?
You can fix this issue by following these steps: deleting and then re-installing your app.

1. First, make sure you're using iOS version 4.3.3 or later so you can access the "Not On This iPhone/iPad" section of the App Store. On an iPhone, you can find this section in the App Store > Updates > Purchased > "Not On This iPhone." On an iPad, you can find it under App Store > Purchased > "Not On This iPad." 
  2. Once you've made sure you have access to this section of the App Store, please delete The Simpsons: Tapped Out from your device. To delete the app, tap and hold the "Tapped Out" icon on the home screen of your iOS device until you see an "X" in the upper left-hand corner of the icon. You will get a message asking if you want to "Delete Tapped Out." Tap the "Delete" button to remove the app. 
  3. Once the app is deleted, go to the Purchased -> "Not On This iPhone/iPad" section of the App Store and find "The Simpsons: Tapped Out." Tap the "Install" button to reinstall the app.

NOTE: If you do not have the "Not On This iPhone/iPad" option on your App Store, make sure you sync your iOS device with iTunes on your computer before deleting the app. To find out more about syncing with iTunes visit: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1977

For more information on downloading past purchases from the App Store visit: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2519

2. Why is my Lemon Tree missing?
First of all, there's nothing wrong with your game. It's most likely that your Lemon Tree has been... stolen! Remember, any friend who visits your Springfield can take your Lemon Tree and plant his or her own town.

There are two ways to get a Lemon Tree - from a Mystery Box or by taking one from a friend's Springfield. As you know, Lemon Trees are valuable. When you plant one, they generate XP and Cash.

If you decide to steal a Lemon Tree for yourself, just make sure you plant it within 24 hours or it will go back to the friend you took it from.

3. Why can't I get back into the game?
We're continuing to make connection and lag fixes in the game that will result in some outages for certain periods of time. So please be aware that the game might be down periodically, and you will not be able to play.

4. Sometimes when I get into the game, my progress is lost and I start at the beginning. What's up?
First, please make sure you're still signed into Origin. And if you are signed in - and you still aren't in your Springfield - try closing the game app from the multitasking menu and then reopening it. It may take a couple tries for your Springfield to appear again.

Just in case - here's how to close the app:

1. Exit The Simpsons: Tapped Out
  2. Double-click the home button on your device to bring up the multitasking bar at the bottom
  3. Tap and hold the Tapped Out icon until you see the red "minus" button
  4. Tap the red "minus" button to close the app

5. It looks like I'm stuck and can't progress in the game. I'm not getting tasks or characters have disappeared.
Many of you have reported this issue, and we are working hard to resolve it.

6. My buildings no longer earn taxes and appear to be stuck in the "waiting" state. How can I fix this?
While in placement mode, add the affected building to your inventory and then place it back into your Springfield. This should resolve the issue.

Source: http://help.ea.com/en/article/the-simpsons-tapped-out-troubleshooting/

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 1 of 1 (27,319 Views)