Re: [INFO] How does The Simpsons: Tapped Out age login work?

by EA_Dennis

Original Post

[INFO] How does The Simpsons: Tapped Out age login work?

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Starting Monday, June 24th an age verification system mandated by the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act will go into effect for players of The Simpsons: Tapped Out. The first time you log into the game on June 24th or afterwards, you will be prompted to enter your age. Once you complete the verification, you’ll never see this box again. Please note, regardless of your age your Tapped Out experience will not be affected. 

We are committed to ensuring the privacy and online safety for all of our players, and appreciate your understanding as we stay in compliance with these important laws.

If you have any questions concerning COPPA please follow the link below:
http://bit.ly/1aB1WUU

--------------

When you log into the game for the first time after June 24th 2013, you will be presented with the following screen:

User-added image

1. Tap on the input box and enter your age
  2. Select “Continue” and proceed into your game as normal

Please note the following:

• If you have registered for Origin, you have already confirmed your age during the registration process and will not encounter the above age verification process
  • You will only need to complete the age verification process once

Source: https://help.ea.com/article/how-does-the-simpsons-tapped-out-age-login-work

Message 1 of 25 (9,729 Views)

Game doesn't load since The Simpsons: Tapped Out age login

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Since I have entered my age, the game does not load.  All I get is the spinning donut in the lower right corner (and no error messages).  I have tried restarting my phone, but when I open the game the donut just keeps spinning.  Any suggestions or help?

Message 2 of 25 (9,309 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I've never seen this update... I'm still playing and it's never asked me to enter my age. I have it synced to my iPod touch and iPad.
Message 3 of 25 (9,127 Views)

Community Manager

@cath148 wrote:
I've never seen this update... I'm still playing and it's never asked me to enter my age. I have it synced to my iPod touch and iPad.

If you are logged in with your Origin ID, you have already confirmed your age during the registration process. The age verification process only needs to be completed once so that's probably the reason why you've never seen the window shown in the screenshot above.

Message 4 of 25 (9,120 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

The first time you log into the game on June 24th or afterwards, you will be prompted to enter your age. Once you complete the verification, you’ll never see this box again. 

AND

Please note the following:

• If you have registered for Origin, you have already confirmed your age during the registration process and will not encounter the above age verification process
  • You will only need to complete the age verification process once

This has not held true for me. The Age verification window pops up every time if I am logged out of the game. This means every time there is an App Store Update or I had to delete and reinstall for some reason. 

Message 5 of 25 (8,927 Views)

Community Manager

Well, if you are not logged in with an Origin account it will probably use a small cookie or config file with the information if you've already entered your age or not. Uninstalling the app will definitely delete those local files, asking you again on next launch.

I'm not sure how exactly updating the app via the store works from a technical point of view but it shouldn't ask again after just an update.

Can anyone else confirm this behaviour?

Message 6 of 25 (8,920 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

when will the krustyland glitch be fixed?????? - it has been over 10 days!

Message 7 of 25 (8,909 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Why did my game rest to the beginning? I was trying to write 52 in the age box, but only the 5 was in before I hit return. Is there any way to get my old game back? I was pretty far in, something like level 40-something.
Message 8 of 25 (8,465 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Okay EA I have a bone to pick with you I log onto Simpsons tapped out today and see that all of my donuts are gone and the reason why is because it said I bought $1000 worth the money Which I did not buy, I don't understand why it doesn't ask you if you want to buy it or not. So thanks a lot to use your company and your silly game because now I only have three donuts and I can't do crap all of them, you made a pissed off customer today. Yours truly username- bman1004
Message 9 of 25 (8,177 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

How do you verify whether the given age is actually correct ? 

It's like those sites (mostly on Steam) that require an age verification by filling in your date of birth - and I bet very few give their real one...  For most of them, I state that I'm over a 100, mainly because I can't be bothered to fill in the correct date and just select the first numbers given...

Message 10 of 25 (8,107 Views)