Re: How to start the Squid Port in Simpsons Tapped out

by etamni103

Original Post

How to start the Squid Port in Simpsons Tapped out

★★★ Newbie
Hello,

how can I start the Squid Port in the Simpsons Game? I'm already at Level 44, but never got a question for the Port. In the Internet, it says, you have to buy some Ocean and place some boardwalk.I also placed the Entrance of the Port, but the Quests just don't begin. Is the Problem, that I never had the Squid Port Update?
Message 1 of 4 (923 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@BloodyRazorblade wrote:
Hello,

how can I start the Squid Port in the Simpsons Game? I'm already at Level 44, but never got a question for the Port. In the Internet, it says, you have to buy some Ocean and place some boardwalk.I also placed the Entrance of the Port, but the Quests just don't begin. Is the Problem, that I never had the Squid Port Update?

Have you reviewed the steps for Squidport in this thread: 

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Simpsons-Tapped-Out/INFO-The-Simpsons-Tapped-Out-Walkthrough-Updated-wi...

In that thread, scroll down (near the bottom) and look for bright red letters that say SquidPort Walkthrough and then click on the "spoiler" link to open up the actual walkthrough.

If you have placed the entrance, then make four boardwalk sections, but don't place them.  Make sure Homer is free, then place all four at once.  If you have already made and placed more than this, try storing four sections instead of making new ones, again making sure Homer is free, then place all four at once.

Did the game ever release the Sea Captain to you?  If so, you can probably skip past the placing of Squidport tiles.

Message 2 of 4 (904 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Thank you very much for the answer. Unfortunately I couldn't store the boardwalk. I blow up the hole Springfield then, and that's when the Port Quests begun. No Idea why it has to be that complicated, but I'm happy, it works now Standard smile
Message 3 of 4 (893 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@BloodyRazorblade wrote:
Thank you very much for the answer. Unfortunately I couldn't store the boardwalk. I blow up the hole Springfield then, and that's when the Port Quests begun. No Idea why it has to be that complicated, but I'm happy, it works now Standard smile

Great!  I'm glad it worked for you.  For anyone else reading this in the future, the correct way to "store" a boardwalk tile is, from design mode (which is the 4-way arrow button), tap and hold the tile and when it highlights, tap the cardboard box.  You cannot delete it by mistake.  Please note that there can be nothing on the tile at all, or it won't let you select it.  No fence, no building, nothing.  (Actually, if an NPC is walking on it, it can still be stored -- nothing will happen to the NPC.)

If this helps resolve your issue, please click accept solution as this may help others with the same issue to find a resolution as well.  XP is appreciated but not required.

Message 4 of 4 (890 Views)