Houses are green and unable to do anything with them.

by faberry4ever

Original Post

Houses are green and unable to do anything with them.

★★★ Novice

I tried to move my houses so that the characters would unstick. Now the houses are green (have been for awhile). I cannot collect from them. I cannot store them. I cannot use the characters associated with them. I looked through this forum for a similar post but could not see one. Please help me.

Message 1 of 17 (395 Views)

Re: Houses are green and unable to do anything with them.

Here are few things you can try...

If you have another device, try signing on that one...perferable iOS 

Clean your cache, game and device

If you have an origin account and that it how you sign in...try uninstalling and reinstalling the game

Good Luck,~BB~

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 17 (385 Views)

★★★ Novice

I just tried deleting it from both my iPod Touch and my Kindle Fire HDX. I still can't do anything with the green buildings. I can't put them back in storage either.

Message 3 of 17 (381 Views)

I would contact EA help center and let them know what is going on. Also let them know you have cleaned cache, tried on a different device, uninstalled and reinstalled...this way they don't have you try the same steps again. Let them know what device you are using and how long this has been happening. They might have to look into your game on their end. 

Go to https://help.ea.com/contact-us
Type "Simpsons Tapped Out" in to the search bar titled "search all products"
Click on the "Simpsons Tapped Out" logo. Some popular troubleshooting options will appear in the window to the right.
If these don't solve your problem, click the "Next" button that's located below the initial recommendations box.
Select your appropriate platform
The window to the right will update with some more relevant troubleshooting guides. If none of these are relevant to your issue, click "Next" again.
On the next screen click on the "select a topic" scroll bar and scroll down to the issue relevant to you.
Insert some more details in to the box below and then click on "Next"
Choose the "email me" option.
Fill in all details relevant to your problem and hit "submit"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If this has helped you please mark as solved as others may bennifit from it
Give the person that helped you xp...not required but greatly appreciated

Good Luck,~BB~

Message 4 of 17 (377 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you for your help. I have emailed them through the EA Help. They replied:

'I understand that your characters were stuck in the game and you wasted 12 donuts getting stampy to stop doing the activity. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused to you so far. I have checked about the concern but could not find any known problem with the server. I believe that this could be a bug which should be reported to our development team.

To be honest with you, at Customer Support of The Simpsons: Tapped Out is trained to handle account and billing related queries only. In game aspects are looked by development team. It would be appreciated if you can post your concern on our official forum of The Simpsons: Tapped Out which can be located at below mentioned link.'

So they could not find any way to help me. I hope someone can. I really do love this game. I just can't do much with it at the moment. I appreciate all the suggestions I have received so far. 

Message 5 of 17 (371 Views)

OK, let's see if we can get your town sync...

Go to neighbors....in and out of their towns....forcing the game to sync 

Go into your krustyland! Click in the menus there...

Go back to your town, click on the menus in there...

This usually syncs the game and putting it back the way it should be.

Let me know if that works or if you have to ed that already. 

We will do things step by step until we fix it or run out of ideas...lol

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If this has helped you please mark as solved as others may bennifit from it
Give the person that helped you xp...not required but greatly appreciated

Good Luck,~BB~

Message 6 of 17 (369 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've been trying to do this.I visit my neighbours. Then I go back to my stuff and check the menus. I go to my Krustyland and check the menus. I visit more neighbours and nothing has changed. Thank you so much for trying to help me. This can be frustrating. I asked my brother and he said when he visits my place he can see that most of my houses are green and he isn't able to tap any of the green houses.  Now I just built the Wiggum house. I click the checkmark for it to finish building then it goes back to looking like it is under construction shortly after. I am Level 30. Once again, thank you so much.

Message 7 of 17 (363 Views)

[ Edited ]

OK, do have another device that you can use? Not one that you have played your account on. Maybe have your brother sign into your account from his device. 

Here are the steps you should try if you can log in on a different device.

*Collect $$ and XP on all your buildings that are ready and from the thumbs up on completed characters tasks in your town.
*Travel to your Friends Town Main Screen.
*Go into the “Other Town“.
*Collect the daily 3 $$ and XP from the “Other Town“.
*Exit out of the “Other Town” back to the Friends Town Main Screen.
*From there, select “Log Out”.
Now go back to your Original/Main device you were using. Restart your main device. Once powered back up, log back into your game. See if issue resolved itself

Good Luck,~BB~

Message 8 of 17 (358 Views)

★★★ Novice

I got my brother to log in on his iPhone. He did everything as you instructed. Then I logged in on my iPod Touch and it still hasn't corrected itself yet. (Sorry I am being such a nuisance.)

Message 9 of 17 (344 Views)

[ Edited ]

No, you are fine hun. I am running out of ideas. Did your brother see your Springfield as normal?? Or were the buildings messed up like on your device?

There is only one other thing I can think of having you do....

Back up your device, reset it to factory settings, reinstall the app!

If that does not work, then I am out of ideas. Except to contact EA once again and explain again ALL the steps that you have taken.

Good luck.

Let me know what you do and if it works or not.

Good Luck,~BB~

Message 10 of 17 (340 Views)