Help with logging into tapped out

by elisademet80

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Help with logging into tapped out

★★★ Newbie

Hi, wonder if anyone can help me as have contacted them but didn'the get any help.

Yesterday was having trouble with the simpsons tapped out, it wouldn'tlet me in,kept saying tapped out has stopped. So read that if you uninstall it then install it, this will help. So that is what I done. Now it has chanel my user name.... well kept it the same but the letters at the front have changed for some strange reason.but I didn't change anything myself. 

When I log in it says ... your old devise hasn't stored Springfield, please use your old devise, but it is not letting me. Log out and use my email and log in but it still show the new name with my email and password.

Message 1 of 5 (339 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Help with logging into tapped out

Champion (Retired)

The error you are getting once you log in usually happens if you play on multiple devices and you try to log in on one device even though you haven't saved your progress on your other device.  You should be able to tap "OK" and it will load your town as it was the last time it was saved (last time the game 'synchronized').  When you do this you should only loose a very small portion of your progress up to the point that the app stopped working.

As for the app changing your player name, I have no idea why that would be happening other than you being hacked (and let's just hope that isn't the case), but I would recommend you log into your EA account directly through ea.com and confirm all of your details and then change your password as well, just to make sure nothing else hinky happens any time soon.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (349 Views)

All Replies

Champion (Retired)

The error you are getting once you log in usually happens if you play on multiple devices and you try to log in on one device even though you haven't saved your progress on your other device.  You should be able to tap "OK" and it will load your town as it was the last time it was saved (last time the game 'synchronized').  When you do this you should only loose a very small portion of your progress up to the point that the app stopped working.

As for the app changing your player name, I have no idea why that would be happening other than you being hacked (and let's just hope that isn't the case), but I would recommend you log into your EA account directly through ea.com and confirm all of your details and then change your password as well, just to make sure nothing else hinky happens any time soon.

Message 2 of 5 (350 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

If you have any further issue with your login details, please contact the support team @elisademet80.

Message 3 of 5 (305 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Thank you for your help. Managed to get into the game but worked on for 2 days and now when trying to get in, it says Tapped out has stopped!
Message 4 of 5 (288 Views)

Champion (Retired)

First thing to try would be to restart your device.  This should work.

If that does not work you can try to force close the app (as well as all other apps), then reopen it and see if that works.

If that doesn't work, then you will need to uninstall the game and then reinstall it (restarting your device just to be on the safe side).

Hope this helps.

Message 5 of 5 (281 Views)