Graphics appear slow and choppy using the new Samsung Note 10.1 2014 edition tablet

by sh0ndy

Original Post

Re: Graphics appear slow and choppy using the new Samsung Note 10.1 2014 edition

★★★ Newbie

I have a Galaxy Mega S3; game play was great (level 43+) until this morning, when the Courthouse and Judge Snyder arrived, and now when I try to scroll around the town, the graphics stutter around and it reads phantom taps.  Looks like there's some tipping point where performance goes wonky.

Message 61 of 68 (770 Views)

Re: Graphics appear slow and choppy using the new Samsung Note 10.1 2014 edition

★★★ Newbie

I just got the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 and paid a pretty penny for it.  Simpsons Tapped Out is almost impossible to play on it.  I see where others have the same issues.  It is laggy and choppy.  I can play it on my old HTC Evo LTE phone that is absolutely loaded with other apps.  All other games on the Galaxy Tab S work great.  I have no issues with the Galaxy Tab, just that the Simpsons game apparently is not updated for some Android devices.  I can't believe EA will not fix this issue.  I am not buying donuts anymore for sure.  I will not buy an  Apple device just to play their game.  EA will not get any $$$ from me until they fix it, which apparently will be never from reading the posts here.  Such a shame.

Message 62 of 68 (750 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

@harbin1976817 wrote:

I've given up trying to play it on my Note 10.1 2014 edition. I still play using my old Nexus 7 (first generation). But even this is starting to lag. 

EA seems not interested in sorting this out... Has Samsung got any ideas on the cause of this?

i have been doing the exact same thing for a year now, but with lollipop now installed on my nexus 7 1st edt. I now have a lovely paperweight and have resorted to playing on my phone.........

Message 63 of 68 (729 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Good News.......

The Christmas event update has fixed Tapped Out. It's works brilliantly now on my Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition with no slowdown.

Message 64 of 68 (688 Views)

That is great news!!!!

Good Luck,~BB~

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 65 of 68 (685 Views)

★★★ Novice
slow as sin on samsung galaxy note 4 still (gmo vegitable update) and smooth as can be on iphone 5.
Message 66 of 68 (508 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here on Galaxy Note 4 since the Terwilliger event ended. The game became almost unplayable, flickering characters, cannot scroll through lists anymore etc etc. I am close to stop playing it...

Message 67 of 68 (452 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Few years later now... I bought a brandnew Samsung tab A 10.1 2016. Simpsons tapped out is still unplayable. STUTSTUTSTUTTER. Sound and image. Other games run quit fine. So what did EA do all this time? Wonder why no more people buy doughnuts?

Message 68 of 68 (309 Views)