Glitch/Bug - Trashed/Garbage Buildings causing game to crash

by christir86

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Glitch/Bug - Trashed/Garbage Buildings causing game to crash

★★ Novice

As asked by a tech adviser in Live Chat, I am posting (like many others it seems) about a glitch/bug with the new Monorail event. After the game was patched for the issue with Homer's conductor tasks my game now crashes due to buildings trashed by friends - whenever I tap them to game the blueprint the game freezes and crashes.

I have avoided the buildings but I am worried that as time goes on and more buildings are trashed the game won't work at all.

Message 5 of 126 (4,368 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Glitch/Bug - Trashed/Garbage Buildings causing game to crash

A store update was issued on the 27th of August 2015.
This was to fix the problem with cleaning garbage.

Go to
Google Play
Apple Store
Amazon Store
To download this new update

Hopefully you can clean houses without the game crashing after the update is installed.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em

View in thread

Message 121 of 126 (697 Views)

All Replies

I get kicked off game when clearing garbage from townhall

★★★ Newbie

I can clear other properties of garbage but when I clear the townhall I get booted out of the game. Ibeleive it was needing to get cleared. I closed game deleted cache and then the problem started. 

Message 1 of 126 (4,240 Views)

Game crashes when trying to collect from trashed buildings

★★★ Newbie
Ever since updating my game for the monorail event, when a neighbor visits and dumps trash on my buildings, my game crashes and closes when I try to collect from those buildings. It's getting really frustrating.
Message 2 of 126 (4,240 Views)

Re: Game crashes when trying to collect from trashed buildings

Have you hard closed the game?
Restarted device?
If connected to Origin, done a delete/reinstall of the game?

This Forum is provided by EA but is designed as Player helping/advising other Players. In this case there is little other players can do for you.
Contact EA support http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/ and ask for a gameadvisor. Same login as the game.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 3 of 126 (4,231 Views)

keeps crashing when cleaning up building

★★★ Newbie

Game keeps crashing when I gomto, clean the dirty buildings haven't been able to play all day Frown

Message 4 of 126 (4,233 Views)

Update monorail

★★★ Newbie
Update monorail- tapping on buildings that friends dumped trash on when visiting the town causes game to crash. Monorail update was an awesome idea but there are a lot of bugs in this update!
Message 6 of 126 (4,225 Views)

Re: Game crashes when trying to collect from trashed buildings

★★ Novice

Yes minicha-em, as I stated in the first post I already did all of that and still had issues, hence why I went to support and then was told by them to post here.

Message 7 of 126 (4,221 Views)

Cannot collect the stinky houses on Simpsons tapped out??

★★★ Newbie
please help I cannot collect the stinky houses in my town. It kicks me out everytime I try to collect from most of my houses with the stink lines on them. Does anyone know why?? I've posted on Facebook about it but I seem to be the only one having this issue. Please help me it's driving me crazy having to keep reloading the game Frown thanx
Message 8 of 126 (4,197 Views)

Re: Glitch/Bug - Trashed/Garbage Buildings causing game to crash

★★★★ Novice

Same thing is happening to me. Tapped on a dirty building, game froze, had to force restart. Once I logged in again that building was clear of garbage but as soon as I tried to clear another one, the game froze again. I kept doing this anyway, just so that my neighbors could have buildings to trash. However, last building I tried - my buddhist temple - is not clearing even after a restart.

Message 9 of 126 (4,194 Views)

Re: Simpsons tapped out not letting me clean buildings.

★★★ Newbie
Trying to clean buildings but it boots me out of the game. There are 4 buildings that won't let me clean.
Message 10 of 126 (4,141 Views)