Re: Getting donuts when I haven't purchased any

by EA_Billie

Original Post

Community Manager (retired)

@Sparagmos84 Can I ask you if in the past you used a third party program to change parts of your game like granting cash or donuts ?

Also, can you please take a screenshot/picture of the message you receive when you receive those donuts ?

@Sparagmos84 and @buzi9641 

Can you please tell me the model of your tablet as precisely as possible ?

Also, did you try to reinstall the game ?

Thanks in advance.

* Je ne réponds pas aux messages privés *

Answer HQ est avant tout un forum dédié à l'entraide entre joueurs.
Vous avez trouvé la solution à votre problème ? Donnez de l'XP en cliquant sur les boutons "XP" et "Accepter comme solution".

Message 11 of 31 (1,615 Views)

★ Novice

Yes, I have uninstalled and reinstalled it and it still happens, although not every day. I have a Kindle Fire HD 7. Here is the screenshot. Seeing as I am not being charged for them, I'm just going to ignore it as well.

Message 12 of 31 (1,601 Views)

@buzi9641 Thanks for the information. I will investigate and come back to you when I have more information.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Vous avez trouvé la solution à votre problème ? Donnez de l'XP en cliquant sur les boutons "XP" et "Accepter comme solution".

Message 13 of 31 (1,573 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue on my kindle fire.  I have deactivated in app purchases & nothing has been charged to my amazon account and I am still getting free donuts every day.

Message 14 of 31 (1,485 Views)

Hello @lilsqueakers @Sparagmos84 @buzi9641 Sorry for the delay of this reply.

The Studio is aware of the issue and is investigating at this very moment. You shouldn't be charged when this happens but just to be on the safe side, please double check with Amazon.

Thank you for your patience and sorry for the inconvenience.

Message 15 of 31 (1,460 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Several people have posted on the EA forum with the same issue:

https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/129748/recent-purchase-bug#latest

Is it possible there is a common link of devices linked to Amazon?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
This site is for players helping other players. I do not work for EA.
If my post has helped please consider granting XP and if the issue has been resolved tap the ‘Accept as Solution’ button. Thanks.
Message 16 of 31 (1,440 Views)

Hey @Muhsterino so far I only saw reports on Amazon devices so hopefully they are the only ones impacted. I definitely understand that it's not the best, if the players want the donuts removed from their account you can advise them to contact customer support, our advisors should be able to help them.

Standard smile

Message 17 of 31 (1,432 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Still not fixed, as this just started happening to me.  I have reported the bug.

Since it doesn't appear to happen when I play on my android phone, I may try uninstalling from my fire and reinstalling to see if that stops it.

Message 18 of 31 (1,243 Views)

★ Novice

This started happening to my wife yesterday, around 300 free donuts - she sent me in search of answers as panicking about charges!

Also playing on a Kindle Fire if that helps

Message 19 of 31 (1,180 Views)

Hello @XipXiphos sorry to read that. The Studio is aware of the issue and is working on a fix. Your wife shouldn't be charged for the donuts. You can double check with Amazon to be sure but it shouldn't be the case.

Have a nice day.

Message 20 of 31 (1,157 Views)