Game crashes before it opens.

by Babs3487

Original Post

Re: Not loading??

★★★ Newbie

I've been recieving the "Cannot Connect to Server" message when launching the game since late last night (12/23) and I have still been unable to get in even after restarting my device a few times. 

Message 34 of 1,040 (569 Views)

Please add to this thread and click "Me too"
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Simpsons-Tapped-Out/Game-crashes-before-it-opens/m-p/4152228#U4152228

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 37 of 1,040 (563 Views)

★★★ Newbie
This seems to be a big issue going on, hope it gets fixed!!!!
Message 54 of 1,040 (550 Views)

Recent update - cannot get back into tapped out game?

★★★ Newbie
Hi

Tapped out just ran an update and now I cannot get back in. It just crashes after any attempt to login. I've closed the game and logged in again - that did not work. I rebooted my iPad and that didn't work either? What else can I Do? I'm running the latest version of iOS on an iPad 3 gen

Many thanks
Message 20 of 1,040 (676 Views)

Re: Recent update - cannot get back into tapped out game?

Hero (Retired)

Try the stuff listed here. If that doesn't work then contact EA support because it may be a case of your game being corrupted on their servers.

Message 22 of 1,040 (669 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having this same problem on an ipod touch 5th gen ios8, nothing works

Message 23 of 1,040 (665 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem!

Did the usual trouble shooting: force quit game, force quit device, tried another device to log in. Then did 'ultimate' solution and reinstalled app on my iphone. Making sure i tried to log in there last. But now i get the 'warning, your game hasnt been saved' message on both devices. Sigh.

Did send a help request to EA, but as it is Xmas dont expect a quick reply.

Message 27 of 1,040 (653 Views)

Hero (Retired)

tikkeltjes wrote:

I have the same problem!

Did the usual trouble shooting: force quit game, force quit device, tried another device to log in. Then did 'ultimate' solution and reinstalled app on my iphone. Making sure i tried to log in there last. But now i get the 'warning, your game hasnt been saved' message on both devices. Sigh.

Try the following. If it doesn't lead to your town loading, or you get a different error message then post again.

Message 28 of 1,040 (641 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Thanks! That helped solving the warning message indeed.

But still getting kicked out of game unfortunately ;-/

Did the last thing I could think of, updated to iOS8.1.2. No luck.

I hope its just a bug/glitch and it will be fixed by EA soon.

Message 30 of 1,040 (633 Views)

Please add to this thread and click "Me too"
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Simpsons-Tapped-Out/Game-crashes-before-it-opens/m-p/4152228#U4152228

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 51 of 1,040 (591 Views)