Game crashes before it opens.

by Babs3487

Original Post

Re: Game crashes before it opens.

★★★ Newbie
Game crashes on both my iPad and my android phone. The crash only happens in the game that has completed all of the Santa's tasks in part 1. The crash does not happen in my games that I have not completed all of the tasks. As everyone else has tried these things, rebooting, and restarting do not help. This started this morning after the latest update.
Message 64 of 1,040 (1,878 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Pliss help me, My game won’t even open

Message 66 of 1,040 (1,862 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue (iPhone 6). I was able to use it a couple of hours ago. Gil arrived and I bought a donut pack. I started some tasks and closed the program.

I received a push notifaction that a task at completed, when I wen't to open the game, it crashed. I tried this a few times. I deleted the app and reinstalled it. I received an alert about saved progress/other device, but this is the only device I play on. I went forward and now have a fear I lost progress. After the reinstall and update the probem persists. I restarted my phone. The problem persists.

Super.

Message 67 of 1,040 (1,860 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same here, I  got the "other device" message but I don't play on any other devices, I have never played Tapped Out on any other devices, I'd better not lose anything or I'll be pissed.

Assuming they can get the game working again at all, that is.

Message 68 of 1,040 (1,854 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My game has been crashing before it opens for a few hours now. I called ea, they said it is across platforms and that they cant do anything until its fixed. They couldnt give me a time...i hope its soon...

Message 69 of 1,040 (1,844 Views)

★★★ Newbie
My game crashes after I click continue at home screen. Jingle Bell Wreck finally worked last night, although I had to spend donuts to complete it in time after all the bug issues with that. Now I can't get into my game at all!
Message 70 of 1,040 (1,832 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Same. I'm running three Springfields, two freemium and one premium. One of the freemium games simply will not load at all. It just crashes to home screen on my Galaxy Tab tablet, no error message or anything.

This leads me to suspect the crashes are being caused by a particular state of the game prior to Part 2 taking effect.

(On edit: Appears to have been fixed, but it required a visit to the Google Play store and relaunching from there before the update would happen. Also, I still seem to have to go to Krustyland to get stuff to trigger...  Hoping that maybe it'll stop now that the glitchy Feds are gone)

Message 72 of 1,040 (1,787 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Finally got Zutroy and got Homer to finish flying the sleigh, but now the game crashes once it gets to the Origin login. Boo
Message 73 of 1,040 (1,781 Views)

★★★ Newbie
The same thing is happening to me on android phone and tablet, so not just an iOS issue either!
Message 74 of 1,040 (1,780 Views)

★★ Novice
Same crashing issue on my galaxy s5. I spoke to them on the phone. Reseting to my last successful save didn't even work.
Message 75 of 1,040 (1,770 Views)