Game crashes before it opens.

by Babs3487

Original Post

Game crashes before it opens.

★★★★★ Novice
Game closes before it finishes opening on iPad and iPhone. I tried powering off devices and I closed the game but now I can't open it at all.
Message 15 of 1,040 (32,075 Views)

Re: Game crashes before it opens.

★ Apprentice
I had this happen with the starting of part 2. It worked fine several times during today then roll on 17.00GMT and the game crashes (iOS latest update version)
Message 16 of 1,040 (30,549 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have a funny feeling this may be user id related not device related. I had the same issue on my iPad so tried on a friend's Android device, who wasn't having any problems, and it crashed his device. He tried his log in again, and it worked fine. So his log in works on multiple devices on different platforms, my log in crashes on multiple devices on different platforms.

Message 17 of 1,040 (30,512 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same thing happening to me on Android. Just started this morning (Dec 24) the first time I tried to play. A reinstall did not fix it.

Message 18 of 1,040 (30,502 Views)

★ Apprentice

It just started crashing every time I try to open it on my Android tablet (Nexus 7). It was working OK during part 1 of the Winter 2014 event, but as soon as part 2 started, I could no longer get in. Powering off and reboot device didn't help. Clearing cache and game data, uninstalling and reinstalling didn't help.

Message 19 of 1,040 (30,502 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

@MrAlanS wrote:

I have a funny feeling this may be user id related not device related. 

It's most probably this issue that's affecting everyone posting in this thread. If you've tried all the troubleshooting steps listed here then you've tried everything you can at your end and it's a case of having to open a ticket with EA to have them investigate your town on their servers to see if the save has become corrupted.

Opening a support ticket with EA:

Spoiler
* Go to https://help.ea.com/contact-us
* Choose your country from the menu that will be located on either the top-left or top-right of the screen depending on your browser settings. If your country isn't listed, choose a country whose language you are fluent in
* Type "Simpsons Tapped Out" in to the search bar titled "search all products"
* Click on the "Simpsons Tapped Out" logo. Some popular troubleshooting options will appear in the window to the right.
* If these don't solve your problem, click the "Next" button that's located below the initial recommendations box.
* Select your appropriate platform
* The window to the right will update with some more relevant troubleshooting guides. If none of these are relevant to your issue, click "Next" again.
* On the next screen click on the "select a topic" scroll bar and scroll down to the issue relevant to you.
* Insert some more details in to the box below and then click on "Next"
* Depending on the time of day, your location and the nature of your problem you will then have a range of options to contact EA. These could include links to support articles relevant to your problem, a callback from EA; a live chat with an agent, or the ability to email EA Support.

EA Support's holiday availability is listed here

Message 21 of 1,040 (30,497 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've done that. Unfortunately their 'recommended' approach is to get them to call me, yet as I'm in the UK that isn't possible as the phone chat closed their lines 2 hours ago for the Christmas break, and won't be back for a couple of days! I went down the email route instead, and apparently someone should get back to me within 48 hours. Happy Christmas!

Message 24 of 1,040 (30,487 Views)

★ Apprentice
I have had the exact same thing. It isn't any help I know, but I can sympathise.
Message 29 of 1,040 (30,465 Views)

★ Apprentice

I emailed and receieved a response within an hour. Was just a scripted "try this...." kind of thing. No help at all.

Message 32 of 1,040 (30,446 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Game crashed after starting 2nd part of Christmas update. Will not let me log back in. Tried reloading game which did not work. I can login with my second account, so my data must be corrupted. Started a ticket and EA told me to wait a few days while they worked on the problem. Looks like its going to be very hard to finish the new quests.   Frown

Message 40 of 1,040 (30,404 Views)