Re: Game Constantly Crashing

by wadebear

Original Post

Game Constantly Crashing

★★★ Newbie
I tried submitting a complaint to EA days ago, but never got a response. For awhile, my game crashed once I got to certain friends towns further down the list. Now, it's every time I go between any friends town, and when I move around my town too fast. In the last 5 minutes of playing, my game has crashed no fewer than 7 times at least. As a paying customer of this game, and years of investment at this point, I'm really disappointed that something like this is going to turn me away from the game finally.
Message 1 of 2 (119 Views)

Re: Game Constantly Crashing

Hero (Retired)

As for the neighbor crashing problem: Try deleting 2 or 3 neighbors.  Sometimes that fixes that problem.  And you can always send them new friend requests.

Crashing in your own town...  Well there's several things that could cause that.  One of them is that you're overloading your device.  All phones and tablets are not created equal.  So you could try reducing the number of items in your town.  Especially bridges (where rivers meet roads).  Get rid of them.  Then try storing some fences, trees, etc.

If that doesn't fix the problem try a clean reinstall. Since you have an EA/Origin ID (you couldn't have neighbors without one) you won't lose your game trying this:

Close your game.

Go to your device Settings and find the app manager.  Clear the cache (if there is one), clear the game data, then un-install.

Turn off your device.

Restart your device.

Install the game.

Start the game.  DO NOT touch the screen other than to enter your age and accept the license agreement until ALL the updates have finished downloading.

Hopefully that will fix your issues.  In this Event my iPad game is crashing randomly, and even my Galaxy Tab game - the most stable game I have -  is crashing now and then, so you're not alone.

Message 2 of 2 (105 Views)