Re: Friends limited to 25 instead of 100?

by SandraShill

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Friends limited to 25 instead of 100?

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I currently have 25 friends on STO. I've read that you can have up to 100 friends, but, when I try to add more, it says I've reached my limit and I have to "unfriend" someone if I want to add more. Is this a bug, or is there something that I don't know about friend limits?

I should add that I did try logging out of Origin and back in again, but that didn't help. (But I did get a weird message about the "other device" I'm using not having synced or something, which is weird because this is the only device I've ever played on!)

Message 1 of 3 (184 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero (Retired)

You could have a lot of pending friend requests. If you have a pc, download Origin to it and you can manage your friend requests from there. You can delete pending friend requests and add friends within Origin.  If you do that and it still won't let you add anyone, you may need to speak to a game advisor at https://help.ea.com

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (173 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

You could have a lot of pending friend requests. If you have a pc, download Origin to it and you can manage your friend requests from there. You can delete pending friend requests and add friends within Origin.  If you do that and it still won't let you add anyone, you may need to speak to a game advisor at https://help.ea.com

Message 2 of 3 (174 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

D'oh! I didn't realize that pending friend requests counted, and, when I first started playing, I hadn't thought to look for message boards with people asking for friends, so, instead, I had just searched for random Origin IDs to which I sent invitations. Since I didn't know how many of them were even active, I sent out a ton of requests. When the light dawned on me a few minutes ago, I deleted all of those random requests (from within the game, since I play on a mobile device) and, voila!, am now able to add more friends!

Thanks for your response...I really appreciate the time and effort. Standard smile  And I hope someone else can benefit from what I just learned!

Message 3 of 3 (168 Views)