Friends don't show up in Simpsons: tapped out

by cougenstein

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Friends don't show up in Simpsons: tapped out

★★★ Newbie
I added my girlfriend on Simpsons tapped out game, but her town doesn't show up in my game. She can go in my game on her iPhone but I can not go to her game on my game. I have restarted my phone, reloaded the game uninstalled the game and still the same issue. Also I am running iOS 6 on my iPhone so I loaded the game on my iPad and still same issue and my iPad Is still running iOS 5.1.
Please help

Thank you
Message 1 of 132 (78,567 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Friends don't show up in Simpsons: tapped out

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi everyone,

As this thread mixes several issues on two different operation systems (iOS and Android) it is not really helpful.

We’re aware of a problem that is causing players on an iPhone, iPad, and/or iPod touch device to be unable to find Android players using emails in the “Find friends in Origin” search field, and are working on fixing it. Read more about that here:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Simpsons-Tapped-Out/How-To-find-Android-friends-on-your-iOS-device/m-p/...

I will close this thread now. If you have an issue fining friends, please open a new thread. Please remember that it is always helpful to put iOS or Android in the title of your thread, depending on the device you are playing on.

Thanks for your understanding,

Ursula

Note: This post has been marked as solution with the sole purpose of highlighting this post.

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png

View in thread

Message 132 of 132 (18,069 Views)

All Replies

Can't See Friends' Springfields

★★★ Novice

Had a friend sign up with Origin. They friended me after signing up. Friend can see my Springfield on their "social" screen. The friend shows up in my Origin friend list. It shows they have Simpson's Tapped Out, but their city does not show up on my map screen. If I hit the "launch" button under the Simpson's logo in their profile it takes me to Plants vs Zombies??

Message 2 of 132 (77,745 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi everyone,

Please make sure that your friend runs the same version of the game as yourself.

Please let us know if that solved the issue.

Thanks,

Ursula

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 3 of 132 (77,743 Views)

Friend's town not showing up

★★★ Newbie
I recently added a friend and his town is not showing up in my friends' Springfield. He is listed on my friends page but his town is not showing up. I have tried canceling the app from the task bar, unfriending and adding him again, and even deleted and reinstalled the app. My town is showing up on his device so it's just a problem on my side. Any suggestions?
Message 4 of 132 (77,734 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I am having the same issue. And it's not a problem of different versions for me... My friend has the same one.
Message 5 of 132 (77,739 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Exactly the same issue here. Added 2 friends who are both playing the same version as me. Both can see my town but I can't see either of theirs on the "social" screen. Have tried rebooting, signing out of Origin and signing back in, deleting and reinstalling the app, un friending and re-adding my friends  . . . any ideas anyone, please?

Message 6 of 132 (77,688 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem here. My friend can see my town but I cannot see theirs. We are listed as friends. We have the exact same phone (4s) and version of iOS . Also, the game seems to be fully up to date itself. 

Message 7 of 132 (77,654 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Both my friends' towns became visible but it took a few hours so I guess this might be some sort of server synchronisation issue.

Message 8 of 132 (77,627 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My husband is playing this game, so I got it as well. We added each other as friends via email address, and we can see each others profile but I can't see his town and he can't see mine. Meanwhile, I can see the towns of random people I added from Facebook just fine.

We are both on IOS6 and running the game on iPhone 4S.  We have tried unfriending and refriending, and closing and re-opening the app.

Message 9 of 132 (77,442 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue.

There are four of us playing this game, all with the same version.  One of us can see and visit all the other’s Springfields on their "social" screen, yet we cannot see theirs.

We have tried restarting the game, restarting our iPads/iPhones, unfriending and adding them again.  I have even deleted and reinstalled the app.

Usually this would not detract too much from this great and very addictive game, but as we all have to ‘Add Friends’ as part of the game, not having one register correctly is frustrating.

Message 10 of 132 (77,415 Views)