Freezes when placing An object

by anihum222

Original Post

Freezes when placing An object

★★★ Newbie
Sometimes when I place an object the app freezes. If I close the app and restart it and try place am object in the same place it freezes again. It will freeze for every few item I move. Why and how can this be fixed?
Message 1 of 4 (170 Views)

Re: Freezes when placing An object

Hero (Retired)

There are a couuple of things that could be causing this and a few things you could try. How close are you to the item limit? Have you gotten a pop up warning about that yet? Is the area you are trying to move things in heavily decorated? Try to store some things. Do you have a lot of bridges in your Springfield? It was a problem in the past for some people and they choose to take some of the bridges away. Also, some people have experienced a "dead spot" in their town where they have had trouble placing things in that area. You also might try keeping a few people off task or putting some people on task to see if that helps. In the past, annimation has caused the game to lock up (although I doubt that is the case here, as it seems they have fixed it.)

I know this is not a real solution but maybe it will help you navigate Springfield better @anihum222 .

Message 2 of 4 (162 Views)

★★ Novice

I've been having the same problem, it mostly happens near the center of my map or the bottom right corner.  It does not matter if I'm moving something, buying something new, or placing something from Inventory, and I don't have a ton of Decorations in the affected areas and it doesn't seem to matter if characters are idle or busy, or if there are animations going on (I sometimes have frame rate issues when there are many onscreen animations going at once, but that's separate from this lock up issue).  Sometimes I can just wait a few minutes for the game to get unstuck, but lately it's getting worse and affecting more of the areas, and sometimes it takes so long that I have to exit and restart the app.

Message 3 of 4 (157 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yeah I'm getting the same thing too. It started happening to me after I nuked my town. At first I thought it was all my blue houses (over 1,000 of them in my inventory), but this is happening with items randomly. I've tried placing items in other places but it seems to be the same all over the map. I wrote EA about it and their response was "We really appreciate you for taking the time to contact us about the glitch in the game. We appreciate our players and reporting to us to make our game better. Any issue pertaining to the in-game aspect is looked after by the Development Team. I have forwarded your issue to them and it would be looked into earnestly. Since matters like these require in-depth analysis, this may actually take a little longer."

They also told me to post in the forum about it, but it looks like you beat me to it Wink

Message 4 of 4 (154 Views)