Re: 'Free' job rush took 36 Donuts.

by riff60

Original Post

'Free' job rush took 36 Donuts.

★★★ Newbie

A blue tab 'free' job rush took 36donuts when I used it 3 times earlier. 12 each time. I've messaged EA. How long do I normally have to wait for problems to be solved?

Message 1 of 8 (388 Views)

Hero (Retired)

It can take 1-2 weeks when you email them. For a faster response, contact a game advisor from a PC to get a live chat option. Game advisor: https://help.ea.com .

Message 2 of 8 (373 Views)

★★ Novice

How do you message them I cannot find anyway to contact them as the support page takes me to this forum and mothing else and I too have lostloads of donuts through the supposed free speed up.

Message 3 of 8 (320 Views)

If you report it as a bug or glitch you'll most lkely ony get the option AHQ

try reporting it as

missing Conten

or

technical issue

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 4 of 8 (318 Views)

★★ Novice

Today I lost more than 100 donuts. I had Free button on 24h jobs for 15 characters and I pressed it... Only now noticed that I lost so many donuts. This bug really hurts, I was collecting donuts to buy Barney's bawlorama and I was so close.. Frown

Message 5 of 8 (305 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The same thing happened to me today, exactly 36 donuts as well during the make youngsters Ignore curfew Mission. I contacted EA, they did nothing and said to file a bug report. The link they gave metakes me here to the forum. So now what?

Message 6 of 8 (288 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

It did the same thing to me! What should we do?

Message 7 of 8 (281 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

My conversation with EA in regards to this matter below. I am also contacting apple since EAs response is there is no time frame on getting us our money back... They state that they need time to explore the bug.

Chat Transcript
info: Your approximate wait time is 0 minute.
info: You are now ready to chat with Anurag.
Anurag: Thanks for contacting EA Customer Experience, my name is Anurag. How may I assist you today?
you: I've been trying to report a bug in the simpsons game
you: I have tried calling in and using Awsner HQ
you: no one has resolved my issue
you: a handfull people are reporting the same bug
Anurag: I am sorry to hear that you encountered the issue. Rest assure I’ll do my best to address your concern.
Anurag: Before we proceed may I know your name please?
you: Jason Pawlan
Anurag: Nice to meet you  Jason
Anurag: Jason could you please tell me what  bug did you find in the game
you: when you get the "free rush" button for youngsters to ignore curfue you are charged donuts
you: I lost 36 of them
you: which I have purchased with US dollars
Anurag: Okay thank you
Anurag: As you told that you reported this issue on the forums
Anurag: May I know when did you do it
you: yesterday
you: more have posted since then
you: same issue
you: and no one is writting us back
you: this bug has cost the loss of money
Anurag: Thank you  for the information
Anurag: Please allow me to explain this to you
Anurag: First of all I  apologize once again for the inconvenience caused to you .It is deeply regretted
Anurag: I really appreciate that you posted this issue on forums .The thing is that
Anurag: it will take some time for the developers to look into this issue as well therefore I would kindly request you to wait
you: I can not
you: I have lost money
you: and demand a refund
you: this is a loss of actual us dollars
you: not just a gkitch in a game
you: I understand you need time to fix the bug
Anurag: Being a gamer myself i can understand your situation and I know how it feels when  you
you: but I should still be refunded my money
you: this is about money, not the game
Anurag: lost your hard earned money .Please believe me once the issue is reported to the developer team they will surely check it and if possible take  appropriate  to provide the refund as well
you: it has been reported
you: and my money has been lost
you: US Dollars
you: you owe me an itunes credit
you: in compensation
you: I know my rights
you: as an ios app you have to comply with my rights to payment through iOS and the app store
Anurag: Please believe me here.These issue do take time to be investigated in details.EA will   never let you down at any cost.It is just that this issue will take some time to be investigated in details before any resolution is passed out .Therefore Please give us a chance and keep checking  the forums for the latest update
you: I have already lost money
you: you can refund me now
you: well its not a refund actually
you: I do not need to wait
you: I'd be happy to contact apple directly
you: and report this app
you: they can block the app and update till it is resolved
Anurag: Please do not get wrong.Please give us a little more time so that our developer team can check it and fix this right away.
you: I already lost money, those funds need to be given back
you: as a large game company you have the abuility to do so
you: there is no need to make customers wait
Anurag: I will surely save all the feedback that you provided  us with to your case notes and will forward it to my supervisor as well.
Anurag: Please trust me the bugs  do take time  to be investigated
you: I understand bugs take time
you: but you can still reimburse peoples loss
you: especially if it is actual money
you: you have that ability
you: again, I'm happy to report the app to apple
you: if you can;t reimburse customers that app should be taken down until fixed
you: as my purchase went through the app store I am protected by apple
you: and there legislation
you: a simple refund for my loss is all I or any other users are asking for
Anurag: Okay thank you .Please give me a chance to  explain this to you
you: if you can not me refund me today just say so
Anurag: I do understand that you did use real life money to  purchase items and  I will not deny t  hat the
you: I will be attaching this entire chat to the forum and also sending it to apple with my app complaint
Anurag: thing is that the purchase that you made from itunes can be refunded only by  apple and not by us as the transaction is mentioned  in their database and not ours.It is true that the game is of EA  however
Anurag: the refund can be done only by EA as the transaction was done on their store.
you: you can add items to EA accounts using our Mayhem codes
Anurag: I really wish i could just directly provide you with free items but I am afraid we are not allowed to do so
Anurag: The  thing is that over here at EA we have to follow some rules and policies  which we have to strictly adhere  violating it will lead to actions against us.I hope you understand my situation.
you: you can also provide users with itunes codes for reimbursements
you: that is why I will be sending this to apple
you: as you are violating my rights and the rights of other users
you: I will also post this to the forum since no one is contacting me or the other users
you: This way apple is informed
you: and the EA users are informed
you: how long do you expect this analysis to take?
Anurag: Please trust me had it been possible for me to provide you with free items I would have loved to  do it.This issue  will be fixed for sure and I am pretty sure the developer team will surely check  on the refund issue as well.All I am requesting here is to please give  our developer team  some time more to get this fixed
you: how much time do you need?
you: apple and the users would like to know
you: as would I
Anurag: Well at the moment I am afraid I am unable to provide you with the exact time frame as we do not have the information on it but I am pretty sure this will be done or fixed at the earliest
you: that is not a complete sentence nor is it an answer
you: so you have no time frame correct?
Anurag: I am afraid you  are correct.
you: thank you for that
you: an honest answer
you: I will be calling apple with this news and also letting the other in the forum know as well
you: is there anything else?
info: Your chat transcript will be sent to [edit: email address removed] at the end of your chat session.
Anurag: Once again I  am really very sorry for the issue that you have encountered I am pretty sure that the developer team will check it and get a fix for it at the earliest.
you: ok, thank you
Message 8 of 8 (244 Views)