Re: Feral Beasts Spawn Issue

by FrankDTanker

Original Post

Feral Beasts Spawn Issue

★★ Novice
I just spent the last 30 minutes in wireframe mode (the editing mode where you can make things transparent - not sure of the technical name) trying to find feral beasts. I located about 20 of them. Is anyone else having a problem finding these things or not having enough of them spawning? If the max is supposed to be 80 then I'm getting screwed. It's impacting my ability to keep up with the timeline. Any suggestions? I'm open. This is killing me.
Message 1 of 13 (526 Views)

stay near the MAG building. do not move. the rats will come. tap them. wait more will come.

not all of them but if you stay on the screen with the MAG long enough, 15-20 min, most will eventually come.

im struggeling in two of my towns but log in every 4 hrs 4 times a day, to reset trickortreaters, fighters and tap rats, and you should be on track

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 2 of 13 (516 Views)

★★ Novice
I appreciate the advice. I'll try that. I just hit 20k film so I know I'm behind.
Message 3 of 13 (504 Views)

★★ Novice
I sat there for 40 minutes near the MAG and about 15 feral's showed up. Very frustrating. Any other thoughts?
Message 4 of 13 (500 Views)

@pmrlcomm

todays (oct 10th) number is 20448 so youre on track Standard smile

thx to LPNITA for the track calender

tsto-treehouse-of-horror-xxvii-event-calendar.png

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 5 of 13 (494 Views)

★★ Novice
Wow. Really? I swear I looked and thought I needed to be closer to 26k. Thanks for that. I still want to know why I'm not seeing what others do with their beasts. Oh well. That's good news though!
Message 6 of 13 (486 Views)

Hero (Retired)

An update on this from my perspective:

I kept coming up short on Feral Beasts.  I finally tracked them down.  They keep getting stuck in areas with tightly packed buildings.

In my #1 and #2 games I have a house farm of Blue Houses.  They get stuck there.  In my #3 game I'm short on space and have a bunch of buildings crammed into the Heights area until I can buy more land and spread them out - they get stuck there, too.

The only solutions I can think of are:

spread your buildings out more leaving some space between them,

store some stuff,

or go into edit mode and hunt them down. 

Since this is only happening in limited areas of my games I'm doing the 'hunt them down' option.  Go slowly and look for the green fire breaths.  The stuck ones all seem to stay in sync when they breathe fire, so that helps a little.

Message 7 of 13 (455 Views)

★★ Novice
Thanks for your response. That seems to be the issue I'm encountering. I'm very disappointed that EA Support shows no inclination to help this issue. Very frustrating.
Message 8 of 13 (447 Views)

★★ Novice
I've been having to deal with this same issue since the 10th or so. Before then there would be plenty of monsters (rats, hah) zipping up to my MAG office in the mornings.

I opened a case #26060276 regarding the lack of monsters to tap, especially in the mornings when there should be plenty.

The issue is that the code doesn't make sure the monster is free to move when placing it. This is a bug in my opinion.

I have a section of town with 8 minnow ponds placed next to each other, to max out tree-hugging, and if I go into edit mode and grey out decorations I can usually find a monster TRAPPED UNDER THE MINNOW PONDS!?!?

Clearly EA needs to stop ignoring this.
Message 9 of 13 (356 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I have found a slightly easier way to find the stuck monsters.

Go into edit mode and ghost the characters.  Then use the area select tool to grab a bunch of stuff and move it out of the way, If there's no monster just cancel the move and everything goes back where it was.

If there's a monster hiding there you can still see it.  Center the screen on the monster, then cancel the move.   Tap where the monster is and you'll get it (don't forget to tap twice for the ones with wings).

Message 10 of 13 (348 Views)