EA does not care about long term customers

by DearthNadir

Original Post

EA does not care about long term customers

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Few weeks ago, there was a sale, if you DID NOT have one out of four of the characters offered, you were given a chance at the sale.  If you had even one of the mentioned characters, you didn't get even a chance to receive the sale.  From what I understand, this frusterated alot of long term players such as myself.

Now there's a current sale going on, purchase Barney with the Bowlarama, get the skin for free.  All good and well, but people like myself, that already have Barney, have to shell out 120 donuts for the skin + a shuttle.  I for one don't care about the shuttle, don't want it, couldn't care if I have it.  I do however, want the skin, and refuse to pay real money for a skin that others are getting for free, which also helps them not have to tap the game as often, since said skin also helps with the ongoing event.

I understand sales happen, and I don't expect us to get the remainder of the donuts back from our previous purchase, but there should be an option in place that if an account already has the character, they at least get the skin, since others are offered it in the package, and didn't previously shell out 250 donuts for Barney to begin with.

I have previously spoke with a representative, who was less than helpful on the situation, only advised me she would pass the information on, and for me to voice my concern on here.  I have been advised that others that have complained at least received 20 donuts for their frusteration, which would have lessened the blow.  Apparently the representative I was speaking with, did not have the ability to do so, and refused any other help more than me coming to the forum to complain.

Message 1 of 4 (437 Views)

Re: EA does not care about long term customers

★★★★★ Novice

I completely agree.  I wasn't mad about the sale price of Barny. I've had him for years and have enjoyed having him.   But I feel that since I paid 250 donuts I should not have to pay 120 more to get something other people are getting for free.   Or like you said not have it be a bundle so I don't have to get thE other item.  Or at least a discount on the bundle for people who already paid full price for Barney. This should be the worst case consideration.   I seriously wonder if no one put any thought into this or if they are deliberately trying to anger people and getting a kick out of it.   Either way it's beyond obnoxious and I think I want to start a petition to get this game out of EA's hands.  Or to have a different Simpson's game started with a different company and then we can all ditch this garbage.  

Message 2 of 4 (388 Views)

The Shuttle gererates Stars every 3h, Im guessing that is why the skin+shuttle costs 120 Ds.

if you did not have Barney you'd pay 250-130+75 Ds for Bowlorama + skin + shuttle.

Barney was originally not premium, so truely longtime players did not pay real money for him at all.

Let's turn it around.

Is it fair that longterm players have earned (free) or payed ingamecurrency for items and characters that newer players have to pay real money for?

sales happens everywhere, all the time. Yes, you may kick yourself seeing an item you already have being half off a year later but that is life.

those paying half off is still paying something even if it includes an additional bonus item.

Sometimes we get freebies of new things that others will have to pay for if they want it later.

my coffee maker now has a new package, including a grinder and an electric whisk. Introduction prices for the expanded package is lower than the original price for just the maker. You can buy the grinder + whisk seperatly but I only want the grinder. Do I complain about how unfair that is? How the company is uncaring about its existing customers?  No, that is life.

Developers of this game does not frequent this Help Forum, so they're not likely to see your suggestion here.

Try the official forum instead, as the developers do go there to find suggestions and input. http://forum.ea.com/

This Forum is provided by EA but is designed as Player helping/advising other Players. In this case there is little other players can do for you.

Contact EA support http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/ and ask for a gameadvisor. Same login as the game.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 3 of 4 (368 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I find your comment insulting minicha. I think we have communicated clearly that we paid 250 for Barney.  Just because he was free a long time ago for a very short period of time dost not make this a good justification.  The very good majority of players over the past few years have paid 250 for him.  The rest of your comments sound like more corporate propaganda as well.  EA makes it especially obvious that they do not care by having so many complaints that there is not even a proper way way to give one to them.  They would drown in them.   I can't believe the Simpsons lets  this company tarnish their image.  

Message 4 of 4 (364 Views)