Original Post

Re: Device full?

★★★ Novice

Sorted thanks to live chat Standard smile

looks like you need 1to 1.5GB free

Message 31 of 46 (3,171 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have 1.6 free, cache cleared, app re-installed several times, still does this :-( 

Message 32 of 46 (966 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yeah, mine stopped again just after the first Valentines update. I had been playing quite a lot over the Christmas and new year, so I was pretty annoyed.

Nothing I could do, so I can't play anymore sadly Frown

I have enough space to update my IOS to the latest version, but not this app. Crazy!

Message 33 of 46 (957 Views)

★ Novice

Same problem here... And... I think that it's the problem of a lot of people. Read the comments of the app in the play store. ALL talking about it. Device full when it's not full. Please, fix it

Message 34 of 46 (918 Views)

★★★ Newbie
A lot of us are having the same issue I have over 2 gig free and it keeps telling me that I can't update because I don't have enough storage. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game 4 times and it works for a few minutes and then gives me the same error. Dozens of people are having this problem and EA isn't responding to any of us and neither are our Facebook comments
Message 35 of 46 (904 Views)

★ Apprentice

I've encountered the dreaded Device Full message for the first time today.

My other half has had it 3 times previously and had to uninstall & reinstall the game each time. We're both on iPads and she had approx 1gb free space. I currently have 1.3gb free space and am now getting the message.

I really don't think it's acceptable that we should have to uninstall and reinstall the game each time EA has an small update. This needs to be sorted ASAP.

Message 36 of 46 (881 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

The update is close to 1 GB and some OS tend to reserve memory for background processes. Try to clear your cache to see if that helps.

Message 37 of 46 (864 Views)

★★★ Newbie
How would i clear out the cache on an IPhone? I try to keep the minimum running anyway. If i delete the game will that mess things up or do i just have to log in again and it will be all good?
Message 38 of 46 (857 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Close to 1 gig! that's a lot space for a game! looks like i will have to remove the game all together. Thanks EA.

Message 39 of 46 (846 Views)

★ Apprentice

@EA_Zoe

Close to 1gb for the update! That is completely astounding and I shall have to get on to my internet service provider and congratulate them on the quantum leap in d/l speed that they must now be providing.

I say this as I finally managed to convince the game that 1.3gb was enough space and it downloaded the update in less than 10 seconds. The fastest speed my ISP ever gives me is 13mb so downloading 1gb in less than 10 seconds means 100mb d/l speed.

Seriously, it's not anything like 1gb for us to have the pleasure of Gil trying to flog another one of his deals, plus whatever patches they may have thrown in. My game size is 1.1gb after playing for more than 2 years, the TSTO app itself is 84.2 mb so I don't know where you're getting the idea that an update could be 1gb in size.

BTW, I cured the Device Full message by closing all apps, turning off the iPad, talked to the cats, started the iPad again and launched TSTO. Talking to the cats is probably optional. It took a long time to not connect to the server but on second try, it allowed my to d/l the updates. I don't know why this worked as all I had open was Safari and email before the Device Full message arrived.

EA needs to nip this issue in the bud or hold off on frequently issuing updates that trigger this message and the frustration that ensues.

Message 40 of 46 (837 Views)