Current Known Issues (Reset to Level 1 / Mayan Quest / Server Disconnects)

by EA_Spectre

Original Post

Current Known Issues (Reset to Level 1 / Mayan Quest / Server Disconnects)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Our team is aware that there are several issues that are affecting game-play in The Simpsons: Tapped Out (TSTO).

1. Accounts reset to Level 1
We are currently investigating why some players have had their towns reset to Level 1. Please check to ensure that you are logged into Origin to see if this is causing your issues. If you had been playing while logged in, but aren't now, you are playing on a guest account and you will be starting over. Logging into Origin again should resolve this issue.

If you are logged into Origin and your game still shows that you have been reset to Level 1, we will update you as soon as we have more information.

2. Issues with the Mayan quest
We are aware of the issues players are experiencing with the Mayan quest and have a fix in the works. We're very sorry for the inconvenience this has caused and appreciate your patience while we work on a resolution.

In the meantime, read about the different ways to solve this quest here:

https://help.ea.com/article/have-you-been-having-issues-with-the-mayan-calendar-quest-in-tsto

3. Players experiencing server disconnects
We are investigating issues where players are visiting friends and getting disconnected from the servers. Again, we apologize for any inconvenience this may cause, and greatly appreciate your patience while we continue our investigation into this issue.

Source: https://help.ea.com/article/the-simpsons-tapped-out-current-known-issues

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 1 of 231 (36,392 Views)

Re: Current Known Issues (Reset to Level 1 / Mayan Quest / Server Disconnects)

★★★★★ Novice

Thank you for this answer Standard smile

Let's hope you'll find our games back !

Message 2 of 231 (36,112 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Sooooo, I'm glad EA is aware of the level 1 reset issue.  When can we expect a resolution and what are we to do in the meantime?

Message 3 of 231 (36,111 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Thank you and I look forward to continuing with the game Standard smile
Message 4 of 231 (36,049 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I appreciate that your working on this to get it fixed, but if you do not get our springfields back are you going to refund all our money that we have spent on the game?

I was at level 16 and have lost everything, I have tried all the solutions suggested and nothing happens, I have been given a level 3 Springfield. I have spent a lot of time playing the Simpson tapped out and enjoy the game with my friends, I have spent money buying doughnuts and now have lost the lot.

When can we expect the next update?

Message 5 of 231 (34,911 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

can we have some updates ?

We already losed a lot of time and money with this halloween part that we're unable to finish...

Is it a joke ? Are you really fixing something ?

Message 6 of 231 (34,882 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi everyone,

Our developers are still looking into the known issues. It takes a while to identify the problems and then develop an update that will fix the issues.

We thank you for your patience while we look into the matter. We will post all new information here as soon as we get them.

I also have moved some posts from this thread to My Springfield is back to level 1 - what can I do? - please reply to the thread I linked if you want to discuss your missing Springfield.

Thanks again,

Ursula

spectre.png
Message 7 of 231 (34,634 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ursula,

Should we continue playing our game even from the begining in the meantime or will that cause more issues?

Message 8 of 231 (34,371 Views)

Community Manager

I would wait until the issue is resolved to be honest.

spectre.png
Message 9 of 231 (33,922 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hello Ursula,

I received and email update today

"As of now, it would be hard to commit a time frame. However, I assure that once we are ready with a fix, we will not have issues like these bothering our game play experience. Unfortunately, we do not have any means to compensate for the loss."

Regarding compenstiaon, are you planning to re-issue donuts to those who have made in-ap purchases?

Message 10 of 231 (33,521 Views)