Re: Constantly updating

by EA_Kristi

Original Post

Constantly updating

★★★ Newbie
My game has updated 4 times in 2 days. It's always the 848.6mb and it says that my memory is full on my iPad when I know it's not. Wtf is going on??
Message 1 of 6 (302 Views)

EA Staff

@BrookeF16 Could you please try the steps in the following article: http://help.ea.com/en/article/troubleshooting-steps-for-ios-apps/

PS! Before uninstalling TSTO please make sure that you are logged in in the game to avoid losing progress.

Let us know how you get on!

Message 2 of 6 (286 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It's still constantly updating. I've done everything on that list :/

Message 3 of 6 (271 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Have you tried to delete the app and reinstall like @EA_Kristi suggested? If it's linked to an origin I.d. then try that.

If you did that and it doesn't work, how much storage space do you have left on your device? To check that, go to settings, general, usage to view it. How much is listed under available? 

Message 4 of 6 (257 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have 2GB left. I can play the game after it's done updating, and it will work fine for the next 4-5 times I open it. But then it has to update again. The same 848.6MB then I have to enter my age and check the box and sign in all over again. I'm ready to just call it a day and be done lol. I enjoy this game, but this is annoying :/

Message 5 of 6 (250 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Does it have 2 gb of memory before or after you update it? Also, Safari on an older device can use up to a gb of ram on an older iphone (according to what I have looked into.) So you might try freeing up at least 1 gb more of memory to see if that makes a difference. If you want to try to free up one gb more, I have a few places to look to see if that helps. On the ipad/iphone, both store pictures in a number of places both in photos app and the camera app. Photos on them also include the photo stream, the camera roll, and temporarily, the idevice will store a recently deleted photo for at least 23 days (on mine right now) before completely deleting it. So you might start there to free up some space. Many games are linked to the Game Center, and if one you have is, you can temporarily delete it and see if that makes a difference. In that same place where you found how much storage is left on the device, you can select to manage storage and see what apps are using the most of your storage. 

Message 6 of 6 (237 Views)