Connecting to server / visting friend's Springfield

by misschase6

Original Post

Re: Connecting to server / visting friend's Springfield

★★ Novice

From "diesel bubbles" on another thread... SOLUTION!!!!

Ok so I figured out the problem for those who are suffering from the crippling error message Cannot Connect To Server. This is for the people who don't actually have a server/router/modem issue, but keep crashing when they touch the milhouse/bart icon. One of your friend requests is corrupted. Try to find the friend who is also having the same problem and remove them from your friends list. Viola you will be free! If you are unsure which is the friend causing the problem you will have to go through each one individually until you are cleared. Once you are operational, you can go back and add your friends with no hassle. I hope this helps!

Message 61 of 175 (1,444 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was having the "cannot connect to server" problem about every 10-15 seconds and tried everything but the one that definitely works is deleting all of your neighbors! You can always re-add people but at least you won't lose your progress!

Message 62 of 175 (1,434 Views)

Re: Can't connect to server when trying to visit friends.

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same issue on my iPad.  2 days now and I can't visit friends.  The 'fixes' don't work.  Hope the situation will resolve itself!! 

Message 63 of 175 (1,419 Views)

Re: Connecting to server / visiting friend's Springfield

★★★ Newbie

Same problem as everyone else. I cannot access my friends through the Milhouse and Bart tab in the menu. When I do click on the button, it loads, then displays one other Springfield for a split second (all my friends are not present in that screen) and then says I lost connection. I already tried restarting my phone, closing out of the app, restarting the app, signing out and back into origin, and combinations of those. But when I access my origin account in the beginning before I play (when I logged out and back into origin) all my friends are displayed there. I have not been able to access since October 11-12 and I have the app on the iPhone 5 WITH the updated iOS and the updated Tapped Out.

Message 64 of 175 (1,397 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

So after weeks of having this problem I contacted an Ea game advisor. I'm guessing this person didn't even read the message I sent which had a detailed step by step recount of everything I have tried to fix this issue (closing the game in multitask bar, resetting phone etc.) because they asked for me to repeat all of these steps. I did and even deleted and reinstalled the game to no avail. I responded to the message last week stating that I was still having the same problems. I have not received a reply. However I will say I will never actually pay for an Ea product at this point because their customer service is a joke.

Edit: Just went through and starting deleting off my friends one by one and now my game is back to normal!

Message 65 of 175 (1,374 Views)

Community Manager

Hi everyone,

We are aware of this issue. Please subscribe to this thread (Options --> Subscribe) in order to get all the latest information:
http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Simpsons-Tapped-Out/Current-Known-Issues-Reset-to-Level-1-Mayan-Quest-S...

We will update the thread as soon as we have more information.

Thank you for your patience,
Ursula

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 66 of 175 (1,291 Views)

Connection issues

★ Novice

How do i get my money back for this game? 

Ive had the connection issue for aover a week now and its not been sorted. Its nothing to do with my device. Ive tried multiple internet connections and going through 3g.

Do you have a date on when it will be fixed or can i have my money back?

Message 67 of 175 (1,044 Views)

Simpsons tapped out connection error

★★★ Newbie

When I try the connect amongst my friends it says connection error and doesn't allow me to get more friends or visit new friends town plz fix ASAP...

Message 68 of 175 (1,053 Views)

Re: Viewing my friend's Springfields

★★★★★ Newbie

After accepting new friend requests I encountered the same problem. I deleting friends, about 6 at a time, logging off and then back on until I could access my friends again. Here are 6 of the suspicious names. See if you have any of these friends and if you do delete them because their email is corrupt. 

daron2407

decample

drquimper

ej1972

flapsicles

ford1984rang

I don't know which one of these 6 have the problem but after deleting them I'm back. Hope this helped.

Message 69 of 175 (1,145 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is the answer people. Just start deleting friends. Wish EA would be upfront about this problem and its simple solution.

Message 70 of 175 (1,133 Views)