Connecting to server / visting friend's Springfield

by misschase6

Original Post

Crashing

★★★ Newbie

Since I put out the black hole and the aliens startedflying over head my game crashes any idea why and how I can fix it 

Message 51 of 175 (3,495 Views)

Re: Can't get on

★★★ Newbie
I tried this solution it did not help. My friends spring fields does not show when I am in origin interface to look at friends or add me I get error that I have to check my connections to the Internet and my phone is on wifi so smooth Internet connection.
Message 52 of 175 (3,492 Views)

Re: Cannot connect to server

★★★ Newbie

This has been going on for me for over 48 hours now... I think we should all get free donuts for each time we hit the retry button and it fails. So frustrating as my sister-in-law can log into her app. Sometimes it says "Server Maitenance" and other times it says "Cannot Connect".... I'm missing all that xp and lvling!!

Message 53 of 175 (3,496 Views)

Re: Connecting to server / visting friend's Springfield

Community Manager

Hi everyone,

If you already did all the troubleshooting steps like:

Closing the game app from the multitasking menu and then reopening it. You should be able to log in with your original Origin account after that. It may take a couple tries for your Springfield to appear again. 

Just in case - here's how to close the app:

• Exit The Simpsons: Tapped Out
  • Double-click the home button on your device to bring up the multitasking bar at the bottom
  • Tap and hold the Tapped Out icon until you see the red "minus" button
  • Tap the red "minus" button to close the app

Updating your iOS and the game.

If you did all those steps and they did not help, please get in contact with an EA Game Advisor.

You need to log in with your Origin account and then choose "Product", "Category", and "Platform" to see the contact options.

Please tell your Game Advisor what you already did for troubleshooting (otherwise they might want to go through the steps with you again).

Thanks,
Ursula

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png
Message 54 of 175 (3,490 Views)

I've been getting the "Cannot Connect to Server" message for the past 3 days

★★★ Newbie

I've tried everything to get this game to load and all I get every time is the same Cannot Connect To Server message.  I've deleted the app off of my phone, re-installed it and still gotten the same result.  I've also went and double tapped the home button on my iPhone, saw the Tapped Out icon, held it and hit the red minus button as was suggested on a previous post but had no luck and got the same message.

Please fix this.

Message 55 of 175 (3,170 Views)

★★★ Newbie

These steps do not fix the issue.

additionally, I have a support ticket open with all of the additional information asked for, screenshots etc...

i am now stuck on a quests Flanders The Devil Pt 2 with no way of progressing.

when will we be advised of a solution?

Message 56 of 175 (3,255 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hello,

I've done all the steps you've listed and then some.  Before this Halloween version came out, I couldn't even add anymore friends.  Since the Halloween version, I've gotten into the friend's screen once and all my friends I did have we're all gone.  There is only "other Springfield" in my list which would make it impossible to do the quest that calls to TP and egg 2 other Springfields.  It would take 10 doughnuts to bypass that so I could move on which I refuse to do unless Origin will give me 10 for that purpose.  I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game.  I've checked my iOS and it is up to date.  I took it off my multitasking menu (even though every time you go back into the game it goes back into that menu as well).  I've shut off my iPad.....waited.....and restarted.   I'd really like to complete as much of the Halloween tasks that I can but with October running out and Origin doing nothing to fix the huge amount of bugs in the game, I don't see it happening.  So far, I'm very glad I didn't waste money on doughnuts because I've had nothing but problems with this game since I got it about 2 months ago.  Please fix these issues. 

Message 57 of 175 (3,219 Views)

Can't connect to server when trying to visit friends.

★ Novice
I'm having an major issue with the game, i can handle the connection problem when i'm in my springfield. But as soon as im pushing the bart/milhouse button, the game crash with the nice little message each time. CANT CONNECT TO SERVER. But every friend i had can still visit me. I'm missing xp every day, for four days now.. Its kinda getting on my nerves..

I know i'm not having any connection problem from my side.. I really have good internet connection, all my other games work great. I'm on iphone5, i really appreciate the update to fit the screen, but since i cant play properly.. Id rather play the unfit version that i had before, everything was working great.

I tried every silly step that you make us do, and none work. ( basic user knows how to close an app by double pushing the home button.. ) Tried to get in touch with an EA advisor and none of that worked too!

So pretty please, do something, i just want all my friends back and lvl up to kick ass.

Thx for having read this, and thanks if you take the time to fix the problem..
Message 58 of 175 (3,163 Views)

cannot connect to server

★★★ Newbie

I've tried for several weeks (before ios6) and it will not let me connect to Server. I 've tried deleteing and reistalling no luck

Message 59 of 175 (3,109 Views)

★★ Novice

This obviously ISN'T solved, as I too am having the same prblem.  Wasn't even playing on my phone, so thought I would try adding the app and see if it worked.  No luck, went straight to server down try again when I tried to visit my friends or other springfield.  

Is anyone out there listening or trying to fix it??

Message 60 of 175 (3,060 Views)