Connecting to server / visting friend's Springfield

by misschase6

Original Post

Re: My friends town does not show up on my game but mine shows up in his

★★★ Newbie
I have a Verizon iPhone 4 also and since the last tapped out update I can not log into my friends towns either. I though it was the amount of friends I have do I dropped all but 25 and still nothing. I logged into my account from my woman's phone and same issue. She uses the same kind of phone and no issues with hers. I cant even play my game in my town it loses connection. I've kind of stopped playin and went to my other games that don't have these issues. I'VE DONE 2 HELP TICKETS AND IT'S BEEN ALMOST 2 WEEKS AND NO RESPONSE FROM EA CAN YOU BUMS HELP???!!!!!!!!! AT LEAST RESPOD AND LET US KNOW YOU KNOW SO WE DON'T FEEL LIKE YOUR IGNORING US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 21 of 175 (9,247 Views)

Can't reach Origin

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Hi,

I am having a problem trying to access Origin when playing Tapped Out.

To clarify the problem this is what is occurring. During the game I'll hit the Bart and Millhouse button and go to the screen where you can visit the other Springfields. I then hit the Origin button to bring up the Origin menu and this is where the issue occures.

If I have received a friend request I can accept it from the Invites tab from the News menu, but if I hit the "go" button for finding friends in Origin under Invite Friends from the Friends menu I keep getting a message that states; "The Origin network could not be reached. Please check your network connection and try again".

The issue started around 11:30pm UK time on Sat. 30 Sept and remains the case as of posting this question.

I have not changed any of my settings or messed around with anything Internet related and I can get onto many other websites and I've been able to play TO throughout the day without any I problems.

So what's going on?

Thanks

Jules

Message 22 of 175 (9,222 Views)

Connecting to server

★★★ Newbie

For like 2 weeks my Simpsons tapped out isn't working it sayscannot connect to server hit retry.i keep clicking and still doesn't work. And I do have Internet on my I pad and the Internet is working but the Simpsons still says canoot connect to server! Please help!

Message 23 of 175 (9,211 Views)

Is the Simpsons Tapped Out Up?

★★★★ Novice
I no me & the rest of the world can not access there town/game. I can login in but it won't load. Constantly saying "can not connect to server" & "retry" over & over. This has been like this for over a week, the entire time EA website says the game is currently down on the help center. I just want an answer. Is the game up & running?
Message 24 of 175 (9,205 Views)

Re: Connecting to server

★★★★ Novice
It's not a server problem with us, iPhone or iPad. It's EA's server. I haven't been able to play my game for about a week now & same issue... "Cannot connect to server" & "retry" over & over! The EA help center will not respond. Also, on the main Tapped Out page it say "Tapped Out is currently down." Its stated this since the 26th. Follow these guys bc this is we're you will read what's going on.
Message 25 of 175 (9,209 Views)

Cannot Connect to Friends

★★ Novice

Since yesterday morning anytime I try to visit my friends I get a "cannot connect to server" error.

On the forums I can see I am not alone in having this problem, but I cannot see anything from EA.

Since I just paid real cash to play, what is going on???

Message 26 of 175 (9,208 Views)

Re: Can't reach Origin

★ Apprentice

An update;

The problem still persists much to my annoyance but it has got worse.

I've received a friend request and after hitting the "accept" button get get the following; "uh oh!, something went wrong......, Sorry, an unexpected error occurred. Please try again".

Any ideas as it's being to drive me nuts Confusedmileyfrustrated:

Message 27 of 175 (9,208 Views)

Keep getting knocked out of The Simpsons: Tapped Out game

★★★ Newbie

Hello all,

Thanks in advance for your help with this matter. I've already invested more than a few donuts into this game and don't want to risk anything that would make spending upward of $75 on a simulation game an more foolish than it already is, so I wanted to bring it to the community before doing anything rash. For about a month now, I haven't been able to spend more than roughly :30 at a time in my Springfield before Bart pulls the plug and his screensaver pops up telling me that the servers are down and to try again in however many seconds. For a frame of reference, I haven't been able to accomplish the "perfection" quest for two weeks now, because I can't stay in town long enough to tap the flowers before they rot on the vine. This alone is frustrating enough for a "free" game I've spent so much money (and will likely spend more money on, as I see the observatory and Kearney, among others, are now available for hard earned donuts), but I have also been unable to visit any of the "other" Springfields of my "friends" during this time, as well. This has deprived me of both money and XP, which due to the exorbitant price of donuts, has slowed the already tortoise pace of the game to a snail's crawl. Like I said, I've already invested more money in this venture than any sane person should have any right to (that's the Simpsons for you!), but it has ceased to be a fun way to kill time and has become a race-against-the-clock endurance test. Any help you can provide that would allow me to enjoy the Springfield I have built and visit the Springfields my "friends" have created would be much obliged.

Thanks again!

Josh

Message 28 of 175 (9,206 Views)

Re: Connecting to server / visting friend's Springfield

★★★ Newbie

Error I get is network failure Whenever visiting friends. I have logged in via iPhone and same problem. Using different login (lower level) no problem both on iPad and iPhone . Hope you sort this soon.

Message 29 of 175 (9,210 Views)

Re: Connecting to server / visting friend's Springfield

★★★ Newbie

Further, I found the problem started when I brought two 19000 plots of land at same time

Message 30 of 175 (9,193 Views)