Connecting to server / visting friend's Springfield

by misschase6

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Connecting to server / visting friend's Springfield

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I have not been able to connect to the server to visit my neighbors for the past three days. I'm using the application on my iPad 2. I have uninstalled and reinstalled to try and fix and all this did was make me lose progress in the game. Any idea when this problem will be fixed?

Message 1 of 175 (8,011 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Connecting to server / visting friend's Springfield

Community Manager

Hi everyone,

The studio has announced that they will be working on some fixes for the game in the next couple of days. (Read the announcement here.)

The following things are completely normal during such a time:

• You cannot connect to the server.
  • You cannot even see the Origin icon to log in.
  • The game recognizes your email when you want to log in but prompts you to create a new account.
  • You can log in but you cannot see your Santa Coins / buildings / friends.

If this happens to you, please shut down the game and wait for some time. After that try to log in again.

If you accidentally created a new account or started to play anonymously, you can always shut down your game by closing the app from the multitasking menu and then reopening it.

Just in case - here's how to close the app:

1. Exit The Simpsons: Tapped Out
  2. Double-click the home button on your device to bring up the multitasking bar at the bottom
  3. Tap and hold the Tapped Out icon until you see the red "minus" button
  4. Tap the red "minus" button to close the app.

We will post any new information about the fixes in this thread:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Simpsons-Tapped-Out/Announcement-Possible-downtime-while-we-work-on-fix...

If you want to get a notification about our updates there, please click on "Topic Options" and choose "Subscribe".

Thanks a lot for your patience,

Ursula

Your friendly neighbourhood forum admin.

spectre.png

View in thread

Message 134 of 175 (2,007 Views)

All Replies

Re: Connecting to server

Community Manager

Hi misschase6,

Do you still see this problem? If so can you tell us which error message you get? And do you get an error message when you want to log into your account in the game as well?

Thanks,

Ursula

spectre.png
Message 2 of 175 (7,954 Views)

Re: Connecting to server

★★★ Newbie

I have same problem can not connect to server is the message, it has been like this since I installed the game on iPad 2 3 days no connection all other games work fine just seems to be Simpsons tapped? Please fix this issue read your reviews and u will find loads of people withdame problem

Message 3 of 175 (7,947 Views)

Can't visit friends sprinfield

★★★ Newbie

I have tried reinstalling the game, restart my iPad and delete him and add him again, why can't I go to his Springfield? It's quite frustrating a he sat in front of me and added me no problems at all. Please help.

Message 4 of 175 (7,940 Views)

connection to the server cannot be

★★★ Newbie
If I want to visit my neighbors, always the message not possible is connection to the server. Can you fix this problem somehow?
Message 5 of 175 (7,940 Views)

Can't get on

★★★ Newbie

I am having trouble getting on everytime I do it says that there is a internet connecting problem can u help plzz

Message 6 of 175 (7,933 Views)

Re: Can't get on

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi everyone,

Over the weekend we changed several things to ensure a better connectivity to our servers. You should not see this problems anymore.

If you still see them try closing the game app from the multitasking menu and then reopening it. It may take a couple tries for your Springfield to appear again. You also may have to log in again with your Origin account.

Just in case - here's how to close the app:

• Exit The Simpsons: Tapped Out
  • Double-click the home button on your device to bring up the multitasking bar at the bottom
  • Tap and hold the Tapped Out icon until you see the red "minus" button
  • Tap the red "minus" button to close the app

Hope that helps!

Ursula

spectre.png
Message 7 of 175 (7,927 Views)

simp

★★★ Newbie

how do i fix it? it says i cant connect the sever:womansad:

Message 8 of 175 (7,896 Views)

HELP

★★★ Newbie

Hello, for 3 days i have been trying to visit my friend's springfeild by clicking the Millhouse & Bart button, but i won't work. It keeps saying retry. I also logged off and re logged in , but it still wont work

Message 9 of 175 (7,898 Views)

Re: Connecting to server / visting friend's Springfield

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
I have also not been able to visit my friend's Springfields. I can login to my own (usually after a few random connection errors or prompts to log into my other device even though I don't have one), but when I tap the icon to go to the neighbors "map" I keep getting the same "Can not connect to server" message. However, my friends are able to visit me. This started on 9/8. I have tried force quittint the app and restarting my phone but neither has worked. My only option at this point is deleting and reinstalling but I'm afraid of losing my progress. Please help!
Message 10 of 175 (7,882 Views)