Cant access Simpsons tapped out forum

by LilJonny64

Original Post

Re: help with going onto tsto forum

Hero (Retired)

@spritals148 wrote:

Johncolumo et al, thank you for info that is logical. Tech issues happen, I think most of us were lost in the conflicting and multiple responses "this is/is not new forum" or "forum is/is not down for all" or "aliens are/are not at Area 51". 

I dont speak for everyone but can say I can be patient, and understand no one is perfect but to the powers that be, We miss our forum. 

Thank you for putting it right, in advance. I will keep checking for updates. 

John or other moderators, maybe a locked post with updates to the currant situation status AS you hear them, from horses mouth so to speak. would beat all the speculating and misinformation.  (Time lines would be nice when available)

The moderators from EA forums are not moderators on here (Answer Headquarters.) Even us moderators on this site (Answer Headquarters) cannot make a thread and sticky it to the top of this forum's section. Unlike the Tapped Out forum which has one EA employee, we at AHQ have about 20 EA employees that help daily here (and doesn't include ones in sections I may not frequent. ) But I will ask in the CM and Hero/Moderator section for you to see if they can provide some type of update here. Until then, all you can do is to keep checking the other forum to see if it was fixed. They may not have an eta at this point. @spritals148

Message 61 of 162 (849 Views)

@Indys2nd wrote:

@spritals148 wrote:

Johncolumo et al, thank you for info that is logical. Tech issues happen, I think most of us were lost in the conflicting and multiple responses "this is/is not new forum" or "forum is/is not down for all" or "aliens are/are not at Area 51". 

I dont speak for everyone but can say I can be patient, and understand no one is perfect but to the powers that be, We miss our forum. 

Thank you for putting it right, in advance. I will keep checking for updates. 

John or other moderators, maybe a locked post with updates to the currant situation status AS you hear them, from horses mouth so to speak. would beat all the speculating and misinformation.  (Time lines would be nice when available)

The moderators from EA forums are not moderators on here (Answer Headquarters.) Even us moderators on this site (Answer Headquarters) cannot make a thread and sticky it to the top of this forum's section. Unlike the Tapped Out forum which has one EA employee, we at AHQ have about 20 EA employees that help daily here (and doesn't include ones in sections I may not frequent. ) But I will ask in the CM and Hero/Moderator section for you to see if they can provide some type of update here. Until then, all you can do is to keep checking the other forum to see if it was fixed. They may not have an eta at this point. @spritals148

Correct, we are not mods here. I am just trying to help. I thought a familiar face/name would help. But People here seem not to get the help I/we are trying to provide.  Good luck to all and I'll see you back on our forum. Tired of being berated here. 

Hero-EA Answers HQ
Senior Forum Moderator-EA Tapped Out Official Forum
I am a volunteer for EA and am not an employee
Message 62 of 162 (832 Views)

★★★ Novice

Thank you, as always Johncolombo for your help!

Message 63 of 162 (941 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

John, I've always found you to be a most helpful Mod on the forum. You have done nothing but try to help on here too. I for one value your opinions and what you contribute. 

Thank you for being involved in this and keeping us in the loop.

Message 64 of 162 (934 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@johncolombo thanks for giving us some extra info. Really appreciated. I really hope the server will be back up soon.

@wadebear that's what I was thinking also. If they don't fix it we'll just have our own forum. But I'm sure it will get fixed soon. I'm guessing they'll have to find a new server and the most difficult part will be to take the back-up of our forum and put it on there.

I do think a lot of people don't post here, because just reading that the forum's down and will be back up again is enough for them.

Oh, and @Spritals Happy belated Birthday to you!

Message 65 of 162 (923 Views)

★★★★ Novice

John Columbo, thank you.  Your help here and on the regular forum is always appreciated.  Although I don't post much, I visit the forum daily (or more), and miss it. It is nice to see names here I recognize from the forum....and one of my neighbors!  

Message 66 of 162 (845 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I hope I'm doing this right-

Um..... wha??

Hi everybody!

Not to stir the pot, but after not being able to access the real forums for days now I contacted EA Help and a rep told me 20 minutes ago that they're migrating the original forum over here... He sent me the link to get here. I've never heard of this place. So......

Also- John, you're awesome.

Message 67 of 162 (812 Views)

★ Guide
Hi everybody,

Again, I'd like to remind everyone that community managers and moderators have told us that the forum is having technical issues and that EA is working on it.

And some of us have spoken to the senior moderator and/or other moderators on the EA TSTO forum and they have told us that as well. And we have passed it along to you here.

We have already heard from a senior moderator in this very thread that the customer service reps do not have the correct information on this matter.

And again, the moderators and community managers likely have the most accurate information on this issue, as EA would not shut down the forums without informing the community managers and moderators.

If they hear anything in regards to the issue I'm sure they will let us know, or give the information to one of us to pass along to you.

Hopefully everything will be fixed soon Standard smile
Message 68 of 162 (794 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@suetopia wrote:

And again, the moderators and community managers likely have the most accurate information on this issue, as EA would not shut down the forums without informing the community managers and moderators.

(In my best Evil Homer voice) 

Or would they?

Message 69 of 162 (785 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Well, a EA chat rep giving me the wrong information wouldn't be a first! Large smile

Message 70 of 162 (778 Views)