Cant access Simpsons tapped out forum

by LilJonny64

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cant access Simpsons tapped out forum

★ Apprentice

I am having trouble accessing the Simpsons tapped out forum. I'm receiving an error message saying "Oops you do not have sufficient privileges to access this category"  I was on the telephone with customer support with EA games telling me to write this report here.  I can access the game just fine, but not the forum. We have troubleshooted many steps beginning with trying several browsers. Same results, I have tried with 2 different devices, Still same results. We have deleted all browsing history, Still same results. The technician emailed me 3 different times with 3 different links to try and they all redirected me to my "about me" page. Login was never an issue. I logged in successfully every time. Please help me resolve this issue. I can play the game fine but I'm in the dark with the game without the forum.

Message 1 of 162 (2,898 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Fix Tsto forum

★★★ Novice

Try asking for help in the TSTO forum under "bugs and issues". That's where I had to go, my name was changed back a few days ago.  Hope this helps.

View in thread

Message 162 of 162 (692 Views)

All Replies

Re: Cant access Simpsons tapped out forum

★ Guide
Hi

The EA TSTO forums are currently down - no one is able to access them.

The moderators of that forum are aware of the issue, and I'm sure they have made EA aware of the problem.

Hopefully it will be working again soon Standard smile
Message 2 of 162 (2,882 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I had the same problem. I just spoke with someone from ea help. He said that forum has been taken down. EA wants all forums under answers.ea.com so he directed me here. 

Message 3 of 162 (2,876 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

@Canuck959@LilJonny64@suetopia

The EA Forums are currently down and are experiencing some problems. This is not your fault on your end, so troubleshooting wont help.

We are aware of the problem and its being looked into so please be patient, there is no ETA on the fix at the moment but stay tuned for future updates.

@Canuck959

That is wrong. If the advisor really said this to you exactly as you put it, please give me your case number ID and I will sent it up for a review. If he just told you to report the error by coming here, then that is ok and there is no need to be negative. EA Forums sections and other forums will still have their own site that is not under AHQ, this are just temporary issues.

Message 4 of 162 (2,854 Views)

★ Apprentice

Thank you both. That explains a lot. I knew it wasnt on my end with trying 3 browsers and 2 different devices. I will keep watching to see if the forum is repaired.

Message 5 of 162 (2,853 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide
EDIT: XXXO77O4906 posted their reply As I was typing mine - thank you XXXO77O4906!

I have spoken with the Senior Moderator on the TSTO forum.

He assures me that EA is aware of the problem and are looking into it. They haven't given him a time frame, but he hopes that it will be back up and running soon.
Message 6 of 162 (2,850 Views)

★ Apprentice

I want to thank everyone here who took the time to help me understand what is going on. Happy gaming to all.

Message 7 of 162 (2,847 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Case #25586943. Brandon B. Told me the TSTO forum had been closed down. He told me once the closedown was complete anyone wanting to access the TSTO forum would get a pop up message directing them to answers.ea.com. He did not tell me to report the problem here. He directed me to this forum and said all ea forums would now be on this site.

Message 8 of 162 (2,815 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Thank you for the information @Canuck959 ! I have passed it over.

Message 9 of 162 (2,791 Views)

★ Guide

Hi Everyone.

So which is it? We have a volunteer who's saying the forum is NOT shut down? And someone else with a case number from an EA EMPLOYEE saying it IS shut down?

Dee

Message 10 of 162 (2,775 Views)