Cannot connect/Black screen at start up

by duckandmouse

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Cannot connect/Black screen at start up

★★★ Novice

Hi! I tried to login to my Tapped Out today but it wouldn't connect any further than the first EA Logo.  I'm not certain if the Easter update installed (I believe it may have)  but I had no other updates/modifications to cause this error.

After the first logo, it goes simply to a black screen. If I left it alone for a while (5 minutes maybe?) whilst on the black screen, the game music would play and if I tapped the screen, it would make the suggestive clicking sound, but I still had no visual - just that darn black screen.

I currently run my app on Bluestacks but know the issue is not with the program. I am able to run other apps perfectly.
So far, I have restarted my Bluestacks several times, restarted my computer, cleaned my computer's cache and such as well as the Apps' in Bluestacks. I then deleted my app data and reinstalled it... several times. The only change thus far is that after reinstalling it, I cannot progress far enough to get the music - I assume it's because I would have to login through Origin again, and obviously cannot see to do that Standard smile

Any help would be great! Thanks!

Message 1 of 41 (12,410 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Cannot connect/Black screen at start up

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

SUCCESS!!

A few posts ago I had updated my driver and it still didn't work, so I kind of shrugged at the suggestion.
Today I took the few extra minutes to download the driver directly from AMD instead of through Windows. The latest version (other than a beta for my OS - Win7 64 Bit) is 13.251  - Windows updated me to v11.somethingsomethingsomething.

I installed the new one (I'm not sure if we can post external links - if not I can modify the post, but I d/led from here :  http://support.amd.com/en-us       select the "Drivers and Support" tab at the above right ) and instant success!

Hopefully this helps someone else as well!

View in thread

Message 19 of 41 (5,994 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Novice

The black screen is a common issue with players! I get it a fair bit, it seems particularly bad after each update.  There doesn't seem to be a permanent solution yet, but I find simply rebooting my device and then launching my game works every time. Annoying... but at least you get to play!

Message 2 of 41 (12,354 Views)

★ Apprentice

sorry, but this is not "a common issue with players"... i have same problem, i cleaned app data, reinstal app, still not working, it takes 2 days... i also tested many emulators, many version of android and still not working.... app is starting properly but you can't see anything on screen.... only black or green...

Message 3 of 41 (12,345 Views)

@klikator wrote:

sorry, but this is not "a common issue with players"... i have same problem, i cleaned app data, reinstal app, still not working, it takes 2 days... i also tested many emulators, many version of android and still not working.... app is starting properly but you can't see anything on screen.... only black or green...

Klikator, you might have to contact EA help center and have look into your game. It sounds like you have done everything we can offer here at the forum..

Go to https://help.ea.com/contact-us
Type "Simpsons Tapped Out" in to the search bar titled "search all products"
Click on the "Simpsons Tapped Out" logo. Some popular troubleshooting options will appear in the window to the right.
If these don't solve your problem, click the "Next" button that's located below the initial recommendations box.
Select your appropriate platform
The window to the right will update with some more relevant troubleshooting guides. If none of these are relevant to your issue, click "Next" again.
On the next screen click on the "select a topic" scroll bar and scroll down to the issue relevant to you.
Insert some more details in to the box below and then click on "Next"
Choose the "email me" option.
Fill in all details relevant to your problem and hit "submit"

Good Luck,~BB~

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 4 of 41 (12,343 Views)

★ Apprentice

thanks for answer, i'm thinking about contact EA by this way which you are describe.... but i think that EA reads this forum too, so i didn't try contact yet.... i'm here for first time ;-)

some people have same problem as like me, we talk about this in Bluestaks Help forum, but so with no solution

Message 5 of 41 (12,338 Views)

★★★ Novice

I chose the same.. I thought perhaps I could get more assistance here first. :/

I sent them an email - fingers crossed!

Message 6 of 41 (12,324 Views)

@duckandmouse wrote:

I chose the same.. I thought perhaps I could get more assistance here first. :/

I sent them an email - fingers crossed!

Let's us know what happens. 

Good Luck,~BB~

Message 7 of 41 (12,320 Views)

★ Apprentice

i wrote them too, so we see Standard smile

Message 8 of 41 (12,315 Views)

★ Apprentice

so, EA not answer yet but in bluestacks forum someone wrote that is problem with graphic card.... read this: "So my laptop is AMD video card, so I have many laptops around the house, so I took the acer with intel graphics HD and installed all the **bleep** and it works, so it is most definitely the video card"

and me, i have AMD card too; if you can test different device with no AMD graphic card, let's try this

Message 9 of 41 (12,242 Views)

@klikator wrote:

so, EA not answer yet but in bluestacks forum someone wrote that is problem with graphic card.... read this: "So my laptop is AMD video card, so I have many laptops around the house, so I took the acer with intel graphics HD and installed all the **bleep** and it works, so it is most definitely the video card"

and me, i have AMD card too; if you can test different device with no AMD graphic card, let's try this

I don't know much about AMD cards. I only run Acer computers and tablets with Intel HD 

Good Luck,~BB~

Message 10 of 41 (12,238 Views)