Original Post

Re: Cannot Connect To Server Issue for Android Devices

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@McNeillR wrote:

McNeillR

Android

Xperia S

Cannot connect constantly for the last 24 hours. Restarted phone, tried on WIFI and dropped 4G. Also now reinstalled and won't download update.

At least I'm not the only one... Thank god!

I created a new topic: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Simpsons-Tapped-Out/Constant-Cannot-Connect-to-Server/td-p/3602535/jump...

I'll change the title to reflect this recent issue...

Liam

Message 41 of 132 (2,389 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I started playing TSTO yesterday annonymously. I don't think I experienced a single issue until today when I tried to sign into my Origin account. This immediately presented me with the failed to connect to server message -- and now I get that same screen every time I start up the game with no way to get past it or the ability to play annonymously again. I am unable to play the game at all.

Clearly this is an Origin issue.

Username: robaldinio
Android device: Samsung Galaxy GT-S6810P
Message 42 of 132 (2,347 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Yah this happened to me and I even restarted my phone but that did nothing. Just wasted time. I play on an lg g2. When i first installed it, i couldnt get past the update so i uninstalled it. My friend told me to install it an di just sighed and reinstalled it. This time, it got past the download/install and tutorial but again, its not working.
Message 43 of 132 (2,312 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm having the same problem now. I just did an os update on my Nexus 7 android tab. Still working fine on my galaxy s3 so it's got to be something with my Nexus 7. Username loganwestllc

Thanks.

Message 44 of 132 (2,297 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same problem on my Galaxy S4. I cannot play at all now. I have seen the Shauna level up page 20+ times since the last update followed by "Cannot connect" while my wife happily chugs along on hers.

I tried her iPad with the same result. She logs into her account, no problem.

Message 45 of 132 (2,287 Views)

★★★ Newbie

sanese

Android

Asus ME173X

Downloaded today, played a little, exited few hours later wasn't working

Message 46 of 132 (2,247 Views)

★ Novice
RKarstairs
Motorola Moto G v1
Android 4.4.4

It was working fine till yesterday but now it gets stuck on downloading update till the cannot connect to server page. I tried reinstalling but no change.
Message 47 of 132 (2,220 Views)

You said you tried reinstalling? When you uninstalled the app, did you restart your device before reinstalling it? 

Good Luck,~BB~

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 48 of 132 (2,217 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm also have this problem. i was able to play it yesterday morning but when i went back to it later it just said cannot connect to server while trying to intsall updates. i kept trying and i still kept getting it. then i cleared all the data to see if that would work and it didnt. i got device full message which it shouldnt have been since i just cleared all the data and the game is what takes up all the space. so i uninstalled it and reinstalled and that didnt work either. it starts to update finally but it gets stuck and i get the cannot connect to server message again.

my info is:

Sims_Fangurl03

Android

Samsung Galaxy Exhibit

Message 49 of 132 (2,166 Views)

★★ Novice
I open my game and it starts loading the update, but doesn't load more than .3%, then it goes to Bart, and I get stuck in a loop of retrying. I'm essentially locked out of my game, on both of my devices. It's been happening since yesterday, when they had to put out the update patch for the Thanksgiving and Black Friday questline. I've uninstalled and reinstalled, cleared cash, and deleted data. Nothing works. Help?

Mccoyinpin689
Samsung Galaxy S3
Le Pan Tablet
Both with Android operating systems

Message 50 of 132 (2,160 Views)