Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Can't accept friend requests

by thenothing13

Original Post

Can't accept friend requests

★★★★ Novice
For two days I haven't been able to accept friend requests. It keeps saying unexpected error, try again. When I try again, the same error message shows up. It's not just a few people, it's every person on my invite list.
Message 1 of 19 (4,913 Views)

Re: Can't accept friend requests

★★★★ Novice

Sorry can't offer you a specific fix but I too had a similar issue and posted the same question here and did not get a response Confusedmileysad:

I just persevered with trying to accept invites and sometimes I managed sometime not but eventually the issue sort off resolveditself but I still get mystery error messages every now and then which I can't figure out why.

All I can suggest is that you continue to try to accept invites and try sending some out yourself it Origin allows you to do so. 

Message 2 of 19 (4,874 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I just read that you can only have 100 friends. I didn't know that. Problem solved.
Message 3 of 19 (4,868 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've had this issue since I joined Origin. I have no friends on my list, because I've never been able to add them...

Message 4 of 19 (4,821 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I only have one friend and it won't let me add or accept anymore frined request at all.

Message 5 of 19 (4,799 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Ok thank you for telling me about the 100 friend limit thing but I am having the same problem with 0 friends on the list. A social game isn't much fun when you can't add friends

Message 6 of 19 (4,770 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I'm having the same issue its been four days already still no luck accepting friend request nor sending them out without the message popping becoming quite annoying :manmad:

Message 7 of 19 (4,759 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue, but only have 14 or so friends, a far cry from the 100.

Message 8 of 19 (4,569 Views)

Friends

★★★★ Novice
Hi
The game isn't letting me Accept friends Requests or send friend Requests.
When I try Excerpts a friend I get a message
O something went Wrong....
An Unexpected error occurred. Please try again

And if I send a friend Request it says
Error
The origin network couldn't be reached
Please try again

Thanks for your help

ADD ME
ADD ME

sarahi1234
Message 9 of 19 (3,720 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I have not been able to accept friends requests for weeks. According to the game I have 381 requests waiting. Yes I know you can only have 100 but I was keeping the ones that tap out and exchanging the ones that done for new friends, everyone is happy.
Message 10 of 19 (3,725 Views)

Need help?

We’re happy to help with your account, troubleshooting, and gameplay questions.

Contact us on EA Help