Can't Tap Maggie in "Where's Maggie" Game

by bunnydud

Original Post

Re: Can't Tap Maggie in "Where's Maggie" Game

★ Novice

Same issue Frown Playing on iPhone with most up-to-date software.

Message 61 of 492 (1,038 Views)

★★★ Newbie

When I locate Maggie in the "Where's Maggie" game, I try tapping on her to have the game recognize that I've found her.  No matter how many times I tap or where I tap, the game doesn't recognize that I'm tapping Maggie.   The timer keeps counting down, I keep furiously tapping on Maggie or all around her, but to no avail - the timer gets to zero and then I get a message that I failed to find Maggie and that I have to wait another 16 hours before I can play again.  Very frustrating that you've made this game virtually impossible to win.

Message 62 of 492 (1,032 Views)

I can't tap on Maggie in the mini game

★★★★★ Newbie

I am yet another who could not tap on Maggie in the "where is Maggie mini game" it is very frustrating to tap her, around her, enlarge the screen all without success. It appears I'm not alone here. I hate to miss out on the donuts, and hate wasting my time playing if it isn't going to let me. Please fix this issue! As you can tell from the screen shots she was found, but the time ran out trying to get the game to recognize that I tapped her.

Message 63 of 492 (999 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@EA_Zoe  I don't know how to screen cap on an ipad, I'm using an ipad mini and an iphone 5, level 59- it never works... Instead of blaming us, why don't you acknowledge there is a problem with the game and credit us donuts since we're losing out on donuts due to game error. We have 2 minutes to find her three times and you want us to spend all our time clicking buildings, zooming out, etc.  If multiple people are having an issue, then have some integrity and admit it's a game error. 

This is so ridiculous.

Message 64 of 492 (1,026 Views)

★ Apprentice

@gaitergrad25 wrote:

We have 2 minutes to find her three times....

Actually, no. You can only find her once at a time, with a 16-hour wait between tries (whether you're successful or not).

But, yeah, I agree that this is mostly an EA coding problem, not massive user error.

Message 65 of 492 (1,021 Views)

Re: Maggie Mini Game

★★ Novice

Count me in as having this same problem.  I tried to submit this as a bug report, but when I tried to do so, I was directed to the forums.  It appears many users are having similar issues.  I have tried clicking on Maggie, clicking multiple spots around Maggie and the building she's on, and clicking at various zoom levels, including max zoom in and out.  Nothing has yet worked for me.  Very frustrating.

Message 66 of 492 (1,018 Views)

★ Novice

I am also having this problem. I found Maggie with 10 seconds to spare but when I tried to tap on her, my taps did not register and I did not get credit for finding her. I was able to tap on her yesterday, though it was very difficult and didn't register immediately.

Message 67 of 492 (1,037 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

It seems that there is a bug in the Maggie-Minigame. 2 days ago, I played  the Minigame for the first time.

I had 72 seconds to find her....

after nearly 15 seconds I found her and after more than 40 seconds on tapping on Maggie and around her, the game finally recognized

my permanent tapping action and told me, that I had won.

Yesterday I found her after about 20 seconds and then I finally tapped more than 50 seconds permanent on and around Maggie, but

the game didn't recognized my tapping action, so the time ran out and the game told me that I've lost with "Better luck the next time."

So it seems that the recognition of the Minigame on finding Maggie is a game of pure Chance.

Please fix it.

Message 68 of 492 (1,031 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@minicha-em wrote:

Another tip: Try tapping the Building rather than the Baby. Some says that works.

This doesn't work on my game.

Message 69 of 492 (1,029 Views)

★★ Novice

Same problem.  I found her within five seconds - I happened to be right where she ended up.  I tapped on her and the building and everywhere around there on max zoom for 1 minute and 15 seconds. I did not get credit for finding her.  This is ridiculously frustrating.

Message 70 of 492 (1,013 Views)