Can't Tap Maggie in "Where's Maggie" Game

by bunnydud

Original Post

Re: Can't Tap Maggie in "Where's Maggie" Game

★★★ Newbie

Same thing is happening to me.  I tried to submit a bug report but it is stupidly complicated.  I have to submit bug reports on World of Warcraft at times and its very easy and they address it right away.  EA doesn't seem to care as much.  

Message 51 of 492 (878 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same problem with the Maggie game. I start the game, find Maggie and tap, and nothing happens. I even lost donuts trying to play the game.

Message 52 of 492 (872 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Played twice on two different devices both times found Maggie but was unable to click on her, despite clicking allover the immediate area.

Sony tablet

Samsung galaxy edge+

Message 53 of 492 (871 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Level 59 and I was zoomed in on my phone but not on the tablet. Will take a screen shot in thirteen hours.

Message 54 of 492 (859 Views)

Re: Maggie Mini Game

★★★★★ Newbie

I'm sorry, in my game I've had the message that I had to wait sixteen Hours after my first time I found Maggie went unrecognized by the app. I clicked Maggie and all the area around at maximum zoom but nothing happened, this was my experience twice already! How can I find her three times when they block me and don't even let me get the credits for finding her once? This is getting really frustrating, why cant they fix it?

I am attaching a screenshot I took after one minute of tapping in vain everywhere...

Message 55 of 492 (885 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

same problem here. found her with time to spare. tried to tap on her for 45 seconds straight and the time expired.

Message 56 of 492 (880 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My problem is slightly different. If I start the minigame I hear no sucking noise from Maggie. I have to tap blind and I always find her butthis is pure luck. Music and noise is on and I have no housefarms. I hope EA will patch this and other problems.

Message 57 of 492 (876 Views)

★ Apprentice

@EA_Zoe wrote:

Hi everyone,

I'm going to mark this message as solution to increase its visibility. Please make sure to click on the building itself and avoid zooming-in when finding Maggie. 

If you're tapping on the building and nothing happens, please comment in this thread with a screenshot  and the following information: Your level - Your device model. 

Thanks!

Screen capture of *what*? How do you show that you're tapping and it's not registering? Plus, we don't have *time* to take a scree capture with the limited time we have to try and get Maggie tapped!

I don't think you should mark your message as the solution, since it doesn't work consistently. I had to tap on the building many, many times before it would register (thank goodness I had just enough time to get it to register just before the time was going to expire, because I found her fairly quickly). 

I am Level 59 in the game and was tapping using an iPad 4. While I was ultimately successful, there's definitely a problem with this mini-game not registering the tap consistently and predictably, regardless of where you tap. (Some have reported that tapping the base of the building tends to lead to best success, but a) even that took several taps and b) how would someone know that, considering that the instructions say to find and tap Maggie?).

It's frustrating that EA, as represented by you, seems to continue to think that this problem is due to user error, despite the fact that you're receiving reports of this from many, many people, quite a few of whom (like the OP) are extremely experienced TSTO players. Do you play the game yourself? If so, are you not experiencing this issue at all? If you're not having this issue, can you share what your device model is and include a screenshot of exactly where you tapped to get a successful result with a single tap (or even just a couple of taps)?

Message 58 of 492 (871 Views)

Find Maggie

★★★ Newbie
I can't tap Maggie no matter how hard I try. I have played and found her more than 3 times now, and no matter how many times I tap on her, with the screen zoomed in, or zoomed out, it will not recognize me tapping on her. I am INCREDIBLY FRUSTRATED!!!!
Message 59 of 492 (790 Views)

★ Novice

Thank you (level 59 on Samsung Note 5); clicking on the building works fine.  The sad thing is I spent literally hundreds of donuts (8 per redo) trying to click on Maggie before the time clock.  

Message 60 of 492 (864 Views)