Re: Can no longer tap characters while building menu is open

by Nicodemus85Sr

Original Post

Can no longer tap characters while building menu is open

★ Novice

At the recommendation of EA Customer Experience I am posting this bug here. Since the new Spy update, when you have a menu open for a building, such as the ones that generate items in the 'new town' (the coffee shop, the pill factory), you can no longer tap a character in the upper left corner until you close out that menu first. For example, the furniture store in which you can send characters like Homer, Rev. Lovejoy and Ned to generate furniture every 30 seconds - if that menu is still open, you can't tap a character available for jobs in the top left corner until you close out the store's activity menu.

Similarly to this, the Zombie Sandwich menu - when you click to send a character to eat the sandwich, it no longer shows that character as having been assigned to do so until you close out the menu and open it again.

Message 1 of 6 (432 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Ya gotta love the way Customer Experience palms people with problems off on us.  I'm sorry, but we can't help you - we're just other players who volunteer our time to give advice.  My advice: keep bugging Customer Experience until someone listens.

Message 2 of 6 (419 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @ItsMayday 

I am really sorry for those issues with the game. Can you give us some additional information on this? What is the device you are playing the game? What region you are currently in?

Cheers,

Archi 

Archi.png
Message 3 of 6 (404 Views)

★ Novice

I am using a Kindle Fire HD 8 and am in the Eastern United States.

I also had another issue after the initial Spy theme update, but uninstalling and reinstalling the game instantly corrected that.

(I can't remember at the moment what that issue was, but it was a bigger problem than the menu issues.)

Message 4 of 6 (396 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Thank you @ItsMayday for additional information. I will pass it to our experts. 

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 5 of 6 (379 Views)

★ Guide

That's not totally correct. 

This community is based on the other players experiences of course, but it's also moderated by some EA advisers which can actually deal with those issues and report them directly to the Studio.

The Customer Service is simply a different department which hasn't a direct connection with the Studios and report a possible bug would take longer through their communication channels. 

Btw, I saw someone has already replied confirming what I just stated above Standard smile 
Cheers

Message 6 of 6 (355 Views)