Re: Can i change my username on tapped out?

by Darkknight18121

Original Post

Can i change my username on tapped out?

★ Novice

i'm an android user and in the recent update i linked my simpsons account to my origin account

it chosen my game ID for mass effect as the username for simpsons tapped out which is some awful string of numbers and letters

why isn't it using my origin ID as the username?

Message 1 of 16 (13,494 Views)

★ Guide
Yes you can change it, but it's not recommended. Most people that change their ID lose access to their town.
Message 2 of 16 (13,410 Views)

★★ Novice
The same exact thing happened to me. Instead of using my screenname that every other EA game uses, it picked the name Mass Effect gave me, which is like masseffect2374859492.
Message 3 of 16 (13,401 Views)

★ Apprentice

Most of what I'm hearing is about people changing their Origin ID. The problem that I and the OP have is that the game isn't using the Origin ID. For me, it's an incredibly long and unnessecarily complex series of numbers. I don't even know where these numbers came from, but they're not my Origin ID. It's ScorpSt21.

Message 4 of 16 (13,354 Views)

★★ Novice
Exactly.

I signed in when I got the update with my e-mail and instead of using my Origin ID like Battlefield 3 and Sims and everything else, it says "Welcome back masseffect2_237XXXXXXX". I checked in Origin and under "game-specific identities" it has DMan304 for every other game except for Mass Effect, which has the name Simpsons picked for some reason.

I never created that name or any name for Mass Effect. I don't even play Mass Effect through Origin. I use Steam for both 1 and 2.
Message 5 of 16 (13,339 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

Mine is just a bunch of numbers and a "W".

Message 6 of 16 (13,332 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

This is really annoying. I don't understand why it's using our Mass Effect auto generated tags instead of our actual display names... Please fix this or tell us how to fix it. 

Message 7 of 16 (13,314 Views)

★★ Novice
I just played, and at least for the moment it's fixed.

Hopefully it gets fixed for you guys too.
Message 8 of 16 (13,278 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yeah, I logged in today and it's using the correct username now.  Standard smile

Message 9 of 16 (13,262 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I changed my username and loss access to my Springfield. Can I get my Springfield back?
Message 10 of 16 (13,194 Views)