Re: Bug to obtain monorail

by minicha-em

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Bug to obtain monorail

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I ve the city dump.I'm at level 52 I got the judge Sneider I still have to take Sanjai unfortunately still I do not have a chance to built the monorail.i have only the city dump but i cannot recycle glass plastic and metal. I clear and download the Simpson but the problem continues. Should it be a Bug?  Who can give me a hint please?

Message 1 of 14 (4,724 Views)

Accepted Solution

Did you do Same as it Ever was?

That is required too, my bad, I forgot.

The issue here, is that you filled up the dump without waiting for the prompt. You should only have 200 trash by this point, nowhere near the goat.

You need the Railyard (pt6) to get rid of some trash by trading it in for Blueprints but you obviously cant get there

Not sure if it is possible, but have you tried to store the dump?

Only option I can see is a rollback but that means you will loose everything that has happened from lvl 20 and forward incl events.

@wadebear@thedribz this is almost like the dude that bought all KL land as soon as possible and got stuck when the game prompted him to buy land.

Was there ever a solution to that? Is there an option to rollback?

I suggest that you contact Support, to see what they can do, besides a rollback.
Contact EA support http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/ and ask for a gameadvisor. Same login as the game.

Report it as a Technical Issue, do not call it a bug or a glitch

A Rail of One City Pt. 1

Homer: This town is filthy!  We built all these dumpsters and garbage cans but no way to empty them.
Apu: I used to lure in customers with the smell of hot dogs. But the stench of week-old decaying meat…it just can’t compete with the smell of all this trash.
Cletus: I used to be able to find my house on account of all the trash piled up in front of it.  But now that’s every house.  I got no idea which one is mine.  I’ve been wandering around on the streets for weeks.
Homer: We all have, Cletus.
Lisa: We need to build the town dump.
Homer: Good idea, sweetie.  Is there room right next to Flander’s house?
Build Springfield Dump- Free

A Rail of One City Pt. 2
Homer starts

Make Homer Pick Up Trash- 30s.  Earns $3, 1xp

At this point Lyle Lanley pops into Springfield (literly poofs in…)

A Rail of One City Pt. 3

Lyle starts

Make Lyle Lanley Put on a Musical Extravaganza- 30s.  Earns $3, 1xp
Make Springfielders Join in the Musical Extravaganza- x3. 30s, Earns $3, 1xp
Make Homer Pickup Trash- 30s, Earns $3, 1xp

A Rail of One City Pt. 4
Homer starts

Make Springfielders Raise Money for the Monorail- x3. 30s, Earns $3, 1xp
Make Homer Pickup Trash-
30s, Earns $3, 1xp

Same as it Ever Was
Lyle starts

Note: Lyle will disappear after the dialogue for this part…again *poof* 

Make Springfielders Run Gil Out of Town- x3.  30s, Earns $3, 1xp

A Rail of One City Pt. 5
Homer starts

Gather Junk Around Springfield- x150. Using the Dump send Characters on 30s tasks to Gather Junk.  Can send: Lisa, Milhouse, Ned, Quimby, Cletus, Willie, Uter, Brandine, Dewey Largo (Premiums earn 75/30s, Freemiums 50/30s)
Make Homer Not Have to Pick Up Trash- 30s, Earns $3, 1xp

A Rail of One City Pt. 6
Lisa starts

Place the Dilapidated Rail Yard- FREE
Gather Junk Around Springfield- x500
Trade in Blueprints Until you Unlock the Metal Depot- x20

A Rail of One City Pt. 7
Lisa starts

Recycle Junk at the Metal Depot- x50
Trade in Blueprints Until you Unlock the Plastic Depot- 1,520 

A Rail of One City Pt. 8
Homer starts

Recycle Junk at the Plastic Depot- x50
Trade in Blueprints Until You Unlock the Glass Depot- x5,000 

A Rail of One City Pt. 9
Homer starts

Recycle Junk at the Glass Factory- x50
Trade in Blueprints Until you Unlock the Monorail Station- x12,000

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em

View in thread

Message 4 of 14 (5,080 Views)

All Replies

This Forum is provided by EA but is designed as Player helping/advising other Players.

Spamming up the board with the same question on multiple post is not ok.  See other applicable rules of conduct #3

It will not get you an answer faster, just annoy everyone.

It is Easter and Pesach week, so we have other things to do.

Having Snyder and Sanjay (Im guessing that those are the characters you are referring to as neither "Sneider" nor "Sanjai" are part of the Springfield universe) has no bearing on the monorail quest.  

Only level that matters is that youre above 20.

Have you done all the quests connected to the Dump? Questline A Rail of One City

Those are the only relevant quests for the Monorail.

If you have, you should have the Railyard and can earn the other recyceling plants.

You will not get the other plants without the Railyard.

Read this:

Monorail Walkthrough for those who did not play the Monorail Event in 2015

Tell us which part of A Rail of One City you are on and which part wont trigger.

Then we can understand your problem better and advice you on what to do.

Or contact EA support http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/ and ask for a gameadvisor. Same login as the game.

Do not call it a bug or a glitch, report it as missing content or Technical issue.

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 2 of 14 (4,652 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks to the answer happy easter l deeply apologize I had read the link I stopped at Rail of One City Pt. 4 the problem is that I think I can not go ahead with the quest that makes me have the monorail because I got the springfield city dump , I filled it then I did not have the chance to continue .

The city dump is full of trash with the sheep on the top than stop . I can't go on If I read the link l should go on with pt 5, unlock the metal deposit and so on. Am I in wrong?

Message 3 of 14 (4,645 Views)

Did you do Same as it Ever was?

That is required too, my bad, I forgot.

The issue here, is that you filled up the dump without waiting for the prompt. You should only have 200 trash by this point, nowhere near the goat.

You need the Railyard (pt6) to get rid of some trash by trading it in for Blueprints but you obviously cant get there

Not sure if it is possible, but have you tried to store the dump?

Only option I can see is a rollback but that means you will loose everything that has happened from lvl 20 and forward incl events.

@wadebear@thedribz this is almost like the dude that bought all KL land as soon as possible and got stuck when the game prompted him to buy land.

Was there ever a solution to that? Is there an option to rollback?

I suggest that you contact Support, to see what they can do, besides a rollback.
Contact EA support http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/ and ask for a gameadvisor. Same login as the game.

A Rail of One City Pt. 1

Homer: This town is filthy!  We built all these dumpsters and garbage cans but no way to empty them.
Apu: I used to lure in customers with the smell of hot dogs. But the stench of week-old decaying meat…it just can’t compete with the smell of all this trash.
Cletus: I used to be able to find my house on account of all the trash piled up in front of it.  But now that’s every house.  I got no idea which one is mine.  I’ve been wandering around on the streets for weeks.
Homer: We all have, Cletus.
Lisa: We need to build the town dump.
Homer: Good idea, sweetie.  Is there room right next to Flander’s house?
Build Springfield Dump- Free

A Rail of One City Pt. 2
Homer starts

Make Homer Pick Up Trash- 30s.  Earns $3, 1xp

At this point Lyle Lanley pops into Springfield (literly poofs in…)

A Rail of One City Pt. 3

Lyle starts

Make Lyle Lanley Put on a Musical Extravaganza- 30s.  Earns $3, 1xp
Make Springfielders Join in the Musical Extravaganza- x3. 30s, Earns $3, 1xp

A Rail of One City Pt. 4
Homer starts

Make Springfielders Raise Money for the Monorail- x3. 30s, Earns $3, 1xp
Make Homer Pickup Trash-
30s, Earns $3, 1xp

Same as it Ever Was
Lyle starts

Note: Lyle will disappear after the dialogue for this part…again *poof* 

Make Springfielders Run Gil Out of Town- x3.  30s, Earns $3, 1xp

A Rail of One City Pt. 5
Homer starts

Gather Junk Around Springfield- x150. Using the Dump send Characters on 30s tasks to Gather Junk.  Can send: Lisa, Milhouse, Ned, Quimby, Cletus, Willie, Uter, Brandine, Dewey Largo (Premiums earn 75/30s, Freemiums 50/30s)
Make Homer Not Have to Pick Up Trash- 30s, Earns $3, 1xp

A Rail of One City Pt. 6
Lisa starts

Place the Dilapidated Rail Yard- FREE
Gather Junk Around Springfield- x500
Trade in Blueprints Until you Unlock the Metal Depot- x20

A Rail of One City Pt. 7
Lisa starts

Recycle Junk at the Metal Depot- x50
Trade in Blueprints Until you Unlock the Plastic Depot- 1,520 

A Rail of One City Pt. 8
Homer starts

Recycle Junk at the Plastic Depot- x50
Trade in Blueprints Until You Unlock the Glass Depot- x5,000 

A Rail of One City Pt. 9
Homer starts

Recycle Junk at the Glass Factory- x50
Trade in Blueprints Until you Unlock the Monorail Station- x12,000

D'oh! - Em
Message 4 of 14 (5,081 Views)

Me too

★★★★ Novice
I read the link for the help with the quest a rail for the city
I am at level 53.
I stopped at Rail of One City Pt. 5 the problem is that I think I can't go ahead with the quest that makes me have the monorail because I got the springfield city dump , I filled it then I did not have the chance to continue .
The city dump is full of trash with the sheep on the top than stop . I can't go on If I read the link l should go on with pt 5, unlock the metal deposit and so on. Could you give me some advice please?
Message 5 of 14 (4,588 Views)

Re: Metal depot not appearing

★★★★ Novice
I read the link for the help with the quest a rail for the city
I am at level 53.
I stopped at Rail of One City Pt. 5 the problem is that I think I can't go ahead with the quest that makes me have the monorail because I got the springfield city dump , I filled it then I did not have the chance to continue .
The city dump is full of trash with the sheep on the top than stop . I can't go on If I read the link l should go on with pt 6, unlock the metal deposit and so on. Could give me some advice please?
Message 6 of 14 (4,584 Views)

Re: Me too

This Forum is provided by EA but is designed as Player helping/advising other Players.

Spamming up the board with the same question on multiple post is not ok. 

You are in direct violation of See other applicable rules of conduct #3 AGAIN

It will not get you an answer faster, just annoy everyone.

@EA_Archi I have merged some of the (new) duplicat posts to this one, the others are on older but related threads.

This is the second time.

@PanucciCristian

You filled up your Dump before the game prompted you to do so.

You shouldve only had around 200 or 400 trash when the game prompted you to get more, certainly not the goat.

That is why you are stuck.Storing the Dump will not help.

AHQ can not fix this. This is not a bug.

You did not play by assigned tasks order and now you are paying the price by being stuck.

this is almost like the dude that bought all KL land as soon as possible and got stuck when the game prompted him to buy land.

An alternative is for Support to give you the Railyard so you can get rid of the trash but I doubt they can actually do that.

D'oh! - Em
Message 7 of 14 (4,572 Views)

★★★★ Novice
Thank you for your answer,l ask you one last thing: do you think that uninstalling and installing again the game will be unuseful?
Message 8 of 14 (4,551 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @minicha-em and thank you for keeping me informed.

@PanucciCristian Reinstalling the game may fix some issues, so you can definitely try this, but make sure your progress is saved, before doing this. 

Cheers,

Archi 

Archi.png
Message 9 of 14 (4,545 Views)

I doubt that a delete/reinstall will help, I also doubt that nuking your town will be helpful

but

you will not know for sure unless you try it

Only sure thing in this case is a roll back to lvl 20.

But then you will loose so much progress that it is almost better to start over with a new account.

D'oh! - Em
Message 10 of 14 (4,543 Views)