Brandine and the Saint Patricks Day questline

by EldarOfSuburbia

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Brandine and the Saint Patricks Day questline

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Following up a discussion on the forum, there's a potential problem with Brandine within the St Patricks Day questline.

The part in question is Part 6, which, if you have Brandine, requires her to complete a task in order to move on to Part 7.  Without Brandine, that requirement doesn't exist and you can move on without her.

However since a lot of people will have picked up Brandine around Valentine's this year when she was put on sale again, a lot of people will have already invested a month or so of her being pregnant, which is a 90-day task.

Having her required to complete a task so soon after will mean storing her to stop the pregnancy task, and re-starting it after completing the St Patricks Day task.

This really isn't an acceptable set of circumstances.  Please provide a fix!

Thanks.

Message 1 of 202 (6,688 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Brandine and the Saint Patricks Day questline

★★★★ Novice

It looks very much like this was fixed with one of the recent updates!  I don't remember or know if I needed to do anything special, I just got the message that Pt 6 had completed and I was able to start on Pt 7 once Tom was freed up.  I now have my stack of beer!

Add this to the mucho premium items I got from the New Mystery Box (what's the catch? there must be a catch... it's a CM Burns offer, there HAS to be a catch, surely?) and EA are back in my good books, for now :D

View in thread

Message 201 of 202 (813 Views)

All Replies

Re: Brandine and the St Patricks Day questline

[ Edited ]
I totally agree with you!
My Brandine has 37 days left.
This is unacceptable. Not completing the questline means no free premium item reward as well. I can live without the free premium but I would like to have the ability to purchase it without completing the questline.
Foolish to spend 35Donuts on a deco that I could get "free" if I rush/store B. but I'd like to see her go the full term so I was willing to pay - if it was accessable, which it is not!

Edit: Please note that the rushrate for this task is very low. 60 days should cost 720 donuts to rush but is under 25 donuts!
Some have heard that the 20 Donuts we got in the beginning of this event were meant for those who has a pregnant Brandine and no further compensation should be payed.

This is a very poor planning indeed. Yes, premium characters are rutinely required (if you got them) for different quests BUT
- None has a task longer than 48h (Apu is not premium)
- None of the quests that required premiums had an end date that would expire before the longest task could be completed
- There was no item prize at the end of those questlines or unlock of an item in the store

This Forum is provided by EA but is designed as Player helping/advising other Players. In this case there is little other players can do for you.
Contact EA directly http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/ and ask for a gameadvisor. Same login as the game.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 2 of 202 (6,477 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I don't have the time to chat to an advisor, sadly.  There are no immediate options to start anything other than a 'phone call or live chat.  That also sucks.

Message 3 of 202 (6,468 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Brandine has 61 days left for me also. Don't want to lose all that progress. Seems unfair.
Message 4 of 202 (6,457 Views)

★★★ Novice
I also only have 61 days left until she births.
This is really poor thinking on EA's part.
Message 5 of 202 (6,433 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm also in the 61-day Brandine club.  I'd hate to have to cancel a month invested in this task....

Message 6 of 202 (6,396 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Same problem here. 60 days left,not good.
Message 7 of 202 (6,379 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I also have this problem. A fix would be great

Message 8 of 202 (6,372 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Add me to the list.  I have tried to use the contact us, but the live chat window won't open due to high traffic and I cannot even get to the other options since the webpage stalls when attempting to load my games.

Message 9 of 202 (6,330 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Me, too. I have around 60 days left for Brandine's first pregnancy. Bought her during the recent sale a couple of months ago.

Message 10 of 202 (6,265 Views)