Re: Booted when visiting friends

by kissimay

Original Post

Booted when visiting friends

★★★★★ Newbie

For the last few weeks I have had severe game lagging and anytime I try to visit friends I get booted from the game. Sometimes their town loads but it's frozen and other times it stays right at the loading screen, but either way I am booted out and can't perform tasks.

Message 1 of 6 (317 Views)

★★ Novice
I have had the same problem and every time I try to go to my friends towns to collect robots I get booted from the game completely. I have contacted EA twice now about this. The first time they told me to make sure that all other open windows on my iPhone were closed before starting the game and to turn iPhone off then on again. This didn't work. Now I was just told to go into game and delete all my friend requests in game and/or to remove my friends towns from the game and then add them back in. As I have no way to contact the friends to ask them to look for and reaccept my friend requests I don't think that's a viable option as I could end up with no friends to go visit their towns. Going to try the other recommended method of revoking the outstanding friend requests that haven't been answered. Would gladly take any other suggestions on how to resolve this problem!
Message 2 of 6 (290 Views)

★★ Novice
Did you ever get your problem with getting booted from the game when visiting friends towns resolved? If so what did you do to correct the problem? Thank you for your help!!
Message 3 of 6 (289 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Hi @kissimay,

The aforementioned solutions are the only known workaround at this point. If you cannot contact your old friends, you can always add new friends by adding new players. There are always people looking for neighbors in this forum and on the official TSTO Facebook page for instance.

Message 4 of 6 (264 Views)

★★ Novice
Thank Zoe for your response. I can't believe there's no other way to fix this problem on EA's end and that they're telling me to get rid of my friends and with them their towns that I have been playing with for years. None of the previous suggestions have worked so I am very reluctant to just eliminate all my friends, whom I have no way to contact and tell them that I have to delete them and ask them to accept a new friend request from me as the majority of the people that I have asked in addition to my current friends never reply. I did delete all the requests that were outstanding and that did nothing. I don't want to take a chance of having no friends towns to visit during this part of the game where it is vital to be able to go to other people's towns to collect robots in order to finish the prize tracts for each of the three parts. Hopefully you can understand why I am reluctant to simply delete all my current friends and then "hope" that they or other new players you spoke of who are looking for friends in the game on the Simpsons:Tapped Out Facebook page will respond to and/or accept my friend requests in time to be able to get what's needed in my game. As frustrating as it is to be constantly booted from the game, at least I have friends towns to visit and collect robots from. The alternative is not guaranteed nor is it guaranteed to fix the problem to begin with. I would be totally irate if I did get rid of my friends towns and it did nothing to fix the problem!! EA was supposed to be addressing this issue a month ago via a patch to the game in an update. Why haven't they done so? The amount of money I have spent and have seen in my friends towns that they have obviously spent large amounts of money on donuts to purchase all the characters, buildings and decorations is crazy. They should be to correct this issue that they themselves admitted was affecting a large number of players.
Message 5 of 6 (252 Views)

★ Guide

Add some new friends at lower levels with smaller towns to visit during events, and as stated above delete any invitations that haven't been accepted.

Message 6 of 6 (195 Views)