Re: BUG

by EA_Archi

Original Post

Accepted Solution

BUG

★★★ Newbie

Sometimes the game make a "click" in a different place that the one you do. This happened to me in The Simpsons: Tapped Out, and in DomiNations (the two games i play). I took my celphone to tech support of the carrier company but they told me that is nothing from the hardware (maybe it was something with the software). I never had real problems with this "glitch" but some days ago I try to buy a space in Springfield Heights and I didn't have the resources. In the window that ask if you want to but the resources with donuts (85 in this case!!) I click "NO" but the click went to "YES", and I lost them.

Tech Support (chat) told me that I probably did it by mistake, but wasn't like that. In the mane years that I play the game I made mistakes and I assume the lost of donuts in the past. But this time it was not a mistake (I event made a report in the past with the DomiNations tech support for this glitch).

Celphone: LG G5 SE with Android)

Message 1 of 3 (391 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero (Retired)

Since it's happening to you on 2 different games it's much more likely that the problem IS hardware related.  Unfortunately you're stuck in the "It's not our fault it's theirs" loop that people often get stuck in with tech support.

Tech support at many companies is often ill informed and sometimes just outright lazy.  Take Customer Support here: The only people who will answer you here is other players (like me). But they've got the system set up so that this is the place where most people who have problems will wind up first.

My best advice to you is to try a clean re-install - IF you have an EA/Origin login and password for the game.

Close the game, Pull up the App Manager and swipe the game away.  Uninstall the game.  Turn off your device.  Wait 15 to 20 seconds and turn on your device.  Install the game.  Open the game but DO NOT touch the screen except to enter your age and accept the license agreement until ALL the updates have finished downloading.

Oh, and turn on Confirm Donut Spend in the game options: Open Store menu, tap the tiny gear in the upper right corner.

I wish you luck!

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (435 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Since it's happening to you on 2 different games it's much more likely that the problem IS hardware related.  Unfortunately you're stuck in the "It's not our fault it's theirs" loop that people often get stuck in with tech support.

Tech support at many companies is often ill informed and sometimes just outright lazy.  Take Customer Support here: The only people who will answer you here is other players (like me). But they've got the system set up so that this is the place where most people who have problems will wind up first.

My best advice to you is to try a clean re-install - IF you have an EA/Origin login and password for the game.

Close the game, Pull up the App Manager and swipe the game away.  Uninstall the game.  Turn off your device.  Wait 15 to 20 seconds and turn on your device.  Install the game.  Open the game but DO NOT touch the screen except to enter your age and accept the license agreement until ALL the updates have finished downloading.

Oh, and turn on Confirm Donut Spend in the game options: Open Store menu, tap the tiny gear in the upper right corner.

I wish you luck!

Message 2 of 3 (436 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello @astrobbe 

I hope you were able to sort this out, thanks to @wadebear advice. Let us know if problem persists. 

Cheers,

Archi

Archi.png
Message 3 of 3 (348 Views)