Re: Annoyingly large daily updates

by minicha-em

Original Post

Annoyingly large daily updates

★★ Newbie
Why is there daily updates that are ridiculously long each and every day for past few days and logging me out?
Message 1 of 4 (693 Views)

To my knowledge, there hasnt been any updates recently.

Are you perhaps opening the game through the notifications on the lock screen?

If you do that, the game reinstall itself, ALL of it!

Easiest is to avoid it is by swiping away the lock screen so you go to the home screen and open the app via the game icon, not through the notifications.

Yes, it takes 20 sec more to do this but the download of the entire game takes minutes or even hours, depending on connection.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 2 of 4 (668 Views)

★★★ Newbie
This is happening to me suddenly on the iPad. Every day there’s a large (16k+) update required.
Message 3 of 4 (559 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hi, this is usually due to not having enough space on your device. This particularly affects Apple devices. The first two posts in the following thread may be helpful:

https://forums.ea.com/en/the-simpsons-tapped-out/discussion/192785/possible-solutions-for-re-downloa...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
This site is for players helping other players. I do not work for EA.
If my post has helped please consider granting XP and if the issue has been resolved tap the ‘Accept as Solution’ button. Thanks.
Message 4 of 4 (554 Views)