Re: Always updating before I can play

by Indys2nd

Original Post

Always updating before I can play

★★ Novice
Every time I open tapped out it does updates every time. I've done all the troubleshooting steps and still the same updates size is being downloaded every shot. It's pretty annoying to be honest because I have to wait like 5 mins just to play a game that's been downloaded several times
Message 1 of 2 (182 Views)

Re: Always updating before I can play

Hero (Retired)

What operating system are you playing on, android or iOS? Tapped out uses about a gig of storage on the iPad. What's listed in the App Store for storage is without loading your game and having your town both saved on your device and syncing with the server. To check how much storage space you have left, I'd need to know what you are playing in. Post back if you need some help with that. If you are able to check your storage and you have a decent amount left, then try to clear the cache on android or for iOS, do a hard reset. Hold down the home button and power button on iOS, until the device completely shuts off and then restart it. Also, you may have a lot of apps open that could use up storage. On iOS, double tap the home button and swipe up to completely close an app. Or else the apps continue to run in the background. 

Message 2 of 2 (175 Views)