Re : 6.0.1 android killed my screen resolution

by morality28

Original Post

6.0.1 android killed my screen resolution

★★★ Newbie

I upgraded my S6 to android 6.0.1 and now the resolution is bad, it looks like I am completely zoomed in.  I tried to reinstall the game but it is still happening.  It is making the game annoying to play considering how I was used to seeing the screen.  Anyone else have this issue? 

Message 1 of 9 (3,928 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi  @kqskqs906,

That wouldn't really be a problem with the game. I believe a few people mentioned a third party software that helps tweaking the resolution of apps and games. Dig into this forum to find the exact name Wink

Message 2 of 9 (3,877 Views)

★★★ Newbie

So it is just something weird with the android update then?  Ugh, I don't want to deal with downloading more software/apps to fix something that is working fine in every other app I have.  I think my tapped out days might just be behind me. 

Message 3 of 9 (3,874 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Found one app. Didn't look anything like it used to look. Oh well, that sucks.
Message 4 of 9 (3,868 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

It's for another game, but I responded to a quite similar question in that thread if you are interested. Most games will automatically calculate the optimal settings for the app to run safely. OS updates can affect that score for the better or for worse unfortunately Frown

Message 5 of 9 (3,866 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I just updated today and I'm having the same issue. Tsto is the ONLY game this has happened to. I used to be able to see 5 quests on the quest bar and now I can only see 3. I already wished I could zoom out further and now this is almost unplayable! I'm on a Samsung s6 - it's nobody else having this issue?
Message 6 of 9 (3,833 Views)

Re: 6.0.1 android killed my screen resolution

★★ Novice

Hi

Looks like that 6.0.1 has special settings for games and it's set to medium by default not high.

I have same and after some digging found referencesto Samsung official APP Game Tuner which allowed to fix problem. 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.samsung.android.gametuner.thin

Hope this will help. 

And EA need to post this as official answer. 

Regards, 

Areg 

Message 7 of 9 (3,797 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Thank you, thank you, thank you!! This solved the resolution issue, and I was able to change it only for TSTO, and leave all my other games alone.
Message 8 of 9 (3,776 Views)

★★ Novice
The Game Tuner App did not work on my S7, changing the resolution only made it more or less pixelated.
It was still zoomed in very close, to change this I went to the Display settings on the phone...
Settings (Gear Icon)
Display
Screen Resolution...
I tried it a couple different ways to see what I liked best. Higher and Lower resolution.
I also played with Screen Zoom and Font and Screen Mode until I got it to look right...
The Game Tuner App looks like it's more for adjusting FPS and performance of the App rather than adjusting screen size
Also look at the size of the spinning donut when the game is loading, if that donut is large, then your on screen scale will be zoomed in close
Message 9 of 9 (2,529 Views)