25/09/2014 - Cannot Connect to Server

by theandronerd

Original Post

25/09/2014 - Cannot Connect to Server

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Since yesterday at some point I have been unable to use the game.

Whenever I open it is invariably displays the cannot connect to server screen immediately.

I've tried to erase data, but it downloaded a few MB of data, then displayed the screen. I hit retry, a few more MB (up to ~12) and then the error screen.

Hitting retry now just keeps on going back to the error screen. I've uninstalled as well and the above is still happening.

I'm using WiFi via an Android tether, and no I cannot use a different network and yes it is possible my mobile network is blocking the EA servers as part of their under 18 blocking system - do you have a URL I can access to test?

Please help, this is annoying me!

Liam

EDIT: This appears to be happening to at least one more person... If you have this issue now let us know!

Message 1 of 14 (880 Views)

Re: 25/09/2014 - Cannot Connect to Server

★★★★★ Apprentice
It's downloading a few more MB on each retry again now... Still giving the error after a few MB though.
Message 2 of 14 (863 Views)

Seems like your device is low on free space. It differs from device to device how much free space is needed to run the game. On my iPad I need about 500-600 MB but I know some androids need over 1.2GB free.
Have you also tried hardclosing app shut off device and restart?
Do you have a lot of pending requests in your game, both sent and recived? You should clear that when you get into your game.
Have you cleared device cache?
Are you willing to find a place that offers wifi and try there? Many cafés, diners, libraries offer free wifi nowdays.
You can also check how your connection works by using other apps/internet and see how the preformance is.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
***I do not answer game questions in PMs. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 3 of 14 (859 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@minicha-em wrote:
Seems like your device is low on free space. It differs from device to device how much free space is needed to run the game. On my iPad I need about 500-600 MB but I know some androids need over 1.2GB free. It has nothing to do with storage. There was no update when it started, and either way I have >8GB free.
Have you also tried hardclosing app shut off device and restart? I have uninstalled the app. I have restarted my device previouly.
Do you have a lot of pending requests in your game, both sent and recived? You should clear that when you get into your game. Eh... Probably. But I can't get into my game, can I?
Have you cleared device cache? It doesn't have a cache. It's per app, and that was cleared when I uninstalled, and manually a few times before I uninstalled as well.
Are you willing to find a place that offers wifi and try there? Many cafés, diners, libraries offer free wifi nowdays. Very few places offer free WiFi.
You can also check how your connection works by using other apps/internet and see how the preformance is. Perfectly. I'm using the same tether on my MacBook to view and reply to this... Netflix works fine, as does every other internet using application.

@minicha-em

Message 4 of 14 (857 Views)

I have the same issue. I've tried all of the above. While my internet isn't the best at the moment, I've been playing this game daly without any problems on the very same internet. I'm running the game on an iPhone 4s and an iPad 2.

Message 5 of 14 (846 Views)

Remember: this is a player to player forum.
Free wifi is relative, you do need to buy someting but at least where I live, small northeuropean town, you see the offer more and more, Subway for sure and I think McD too (to use international examples).
Do you have the tie-in update? The one with TuxKrusty?
Have you contacted EA directly? http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/ same login as the game.
They'll want the Mayham - which is only accessable in the game, unless you have noted/screengrabbed it before, just in case.
Good luck.

*** Is the issue resolved? Please click "Accept as solution" so others can benefit.***
*** Although xp is not required, it is very nice. Give a Kudos by clicking on the XP button if you feel a comment/post/response deserves it. ***
+++ This Forum is provided by EA but it is designed as Player helping/advising other Players - meaning we are not employed by EA +++
D'oh! - Em
Message 6 of 14 (838 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@minicha-em wrote:
Remember: this is a player to player forum.
Free wifi is relative, you do need to buy someting but at least where I live, small northeuropean town, you see the offer more and more, Subway for sure and I think McD too (to use international examples). Not just that, but they all require you to login & I don't really want to take my tablet out with me. Especially as it appears to be a small localised server issue...
Do you have the tie-in update? The one with TuxKrusty? Yes, and I'm missing it...
Have you contacted EA directly? http://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/new/ same login as the game. I know it's the same login, but I'm not waiting a week for an email response, and that's the only option.
They'll want the Mayham - which is only accessable in the game, unless you have noted/screengrabbed it before, just in case. I do actually think I've grabbed it before... But I'm still not using an email.
Good luck.

Message 7 of 14 (835 Views)

Only contact option?
Oh yeah, forgot its Friday and they close the chat on weekends...
Strange, only yesterday there was a fellow who did not get the mail option nor the call-you-back.
EAs help"service" is beyond me. It is getting slightly better but I shudder everytime I actually need to contact them. Unfortunatlly it is necessary to do so once in while.

D'oh! - Em
Message 8 of 14 (833 Views)

Turning on data roaming solved it for me, it was turned off automatically when I updated my iPhone. Give it a try.

Message 9 of 14 (819 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
OK, for the avoidance of doubt, it isn't a network issue. I've tried 3 different ones...

The same issue each time.

This is annoying. It's happening on my Nexus 5 and 7 (with the same internet connection).

It has nothing to do with data roaming, and never will until I go abroad.

What is going on?!?!?

Liam
Message 10 of 14 (799 Views)