Re: sims 4

by crinrict

Original Post

sims 4

★★★ Novice

pls help ive been crying for two days now, all my sims saves deleted and i dont know where they went. i checked every solution and yt video and nothing. i happened to my friend to. i also lost almost two years of game play so if anyone can help that would be amazing im even willing to skype and stuff.

Message 1 of 10 (367 Views)

Hero

Hi @rakoolelle2

did you ever make a backup of your files ? Did you check your trash if it maybe got deleted ?

The most common cause is that the game starts to use the sims 4 folder in oneDrive instead of your local one. Are you using that ?

Do your save still show up on the local folder here: documents\electronicarts\thesims4\saves ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (351 Views)

★★★ Novice

ok so no i didnt, i checked and nothing. it isnt set up on this PC. and i cant find that anywhere... does that mean everything just deleted for no reason 

Message 3 of 10 (341 Views)

★★★ Novice

also i just opened my game again and its like things are completely refusing to save. even if i open a new game

Message 4 of 10 (335 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@rakoolelle2  Is your computer a pc or mac? OneDrive is on Windows 8 and even Win 7. OneDrive is already in Windows 10 - all you have to do is log in to OneDrive. If your computer is a pc please post the computer's dxdiag - link - how to post the dxdaig    thank you

Message 5 of 10 (332 Views)

★★★ Novice

im on win 10 and i havent logged in. also i literally just found out about dxdaig so im not sure what u want me to post. 

Message 6 of 10 (321 Views)

Hero

Hi @rakoolelle2

so you don't have a folder in documents\electronicarts\thesims4\ and also no folder on oneDrive ?

Can you manually make a folder in Documents or does that also give you an error ?

How much disc space do you have left ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 10 (312 Views)

★★★ Novice

i have 399 GB left and i dont know ill try

Message 8 of 10 (298 Views)

★★★ Novice

do i just make a new folder or should i name it something

Message 9 of 10 (296 Views)

Hero

This is just to see if the folder is write-enabled so it can be any name you like. The game should create the folder with all you need but if there's some problem with the folder, it can't.

Hence try if you can manually create a folder.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (281 Views)