" connection to the game server has been lost. you will be returned to the need"

by GogaieGiumbix

Original Post

" connection to the game server has been lost. you will be returned to the need"

★★★ Newbie

Hello Support,

I have bought about a year ago the original Need for Speed Blu Ray for PS4. I did not have any problems with it until the new update. Everytime I try to access the game it's giving me the error " connection to the game server has been lost. you will be returned to the need for speed network menu". At some point, after pressing play dozens of times it works and I can play the game. I turned off the firewall on my router and it is the same. I also stopped all downloads while pressing play but still the same. I have not made any modifications on my ps4 and I also reinstalled the game multiple times but still the same issue. Also I don't understand why I need to be connected to the EA servers when playing the single player campain (the main reason for buying the game). If EA servers breaks down I can't play a game that supposed to have single player and for which I have payed? My internet connection si really strong so not the issue. I have tested and I have 10MB on the router. And no, I don't want to link my ethernet cable in the PS4 because I have a router that works perfectly fine with any other applications on the PS4 and PS3. Please fix this as soon as possible as I have not payed for a game that does not work. 

Message 1 of 12 (20,678 Views)

Re: " connection to the game server has been lost. you will be returned to the need"

Community Manager
Message 2 of 12 (20,617 Views)

Re: " connection to the game server has been lost. you will be returned to

★★★ Newbie

I have read that section before posting the issue. As you may have noticed I am not the only one with the issue. The issue is from EA side as it connects to the game randomly. This is not my domain but I think a new update can fix. Or at least leave it offline for the single player campaign 

Message 3 of 12 (20,610 Views)

EA DICE Team

@GogaieGiumbix

Hi there,

From your first message it appears that you are currently connected via wi-fi, which means we cannot guarantee the quality of your connection. Connection via a lan cable should solve most connection issues that you might experience.

Message 4 of 12 (20,602 Views)

★★★ Newbie
How about someone with the same issue connected via Ethernet?
Message 5 of 12 (19,858 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same issue.  It says "your connection to the game server has been lost. You will he returned to the need for speed network menu".

I had the same issue with plants vs zombies and i can see there are many others posting with similar problems.  

This is a chronix problem with EA servers and you keep telling us to troubleshoot our consoles and home networks.  It makes no sense. Im playing alone why does would i need to connect to ea servers? Im done with EA acting like everything is ok on their end.  Its like you think we cant see you hiding behind that glass wall.  Own it and fix it.

Message 6 of 12 (19,401 Views)

Need for Speed lost connection

★★★ Newbie

I am trying to play Need for Speed 2015 but everytime I try I get a message saying network connection lost or your connection to the game server has been lost.

Its not my internet because that's working fine with everything else

Message 7 of 12 (16,823 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Dude, fix this *. What is wrong with your company? I purchased a game, I should be able to play it.

Message 8 of 12 (14,666 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Just fix the * game and be done with it please? I dont wanna have to do a refund 

Message 9 of 12 (13,019 Views)

★★★ Newbie

It's quite * that a company who you gave money to won't fix the game YOU PAYED FOR. I'm done with buying EA games cuz they are a joke of a company. It's quite obvious that it's happening to multiple people. I'm on the same network that I have played just fine with NO issues for about 3 years. Now since I re-download it a couple days ago I cant even  play for 5 minutes till it kicks me off. So please do explain. How I have played this game for years without a single issue. And now am when it's on the exact same network. I'm sure you will come up with some * answer ea so as far as I'm concerned. You are a * company how won't listen to your customers. Eat a *

Message 10 of 12 (4,666 Views)