Re: "Very bad connection to server. The game will be unplayable."

by dedlyhamsandwich

Original Post

Accepted Solution

"Very bad connection to server. The game will be unplayable."

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I have been playing Star Wars: Battlefront for a few days on PS4, no problem but today during multipayer games I can play for about a minute then get a message in the top right saying "Very bad connection to server. The game will be unplayable." then it kicks me out.

After it returns to the menu page it says, "your connection to EA servers has been lost, Online features will be unavailable" It happens *every* game. 

I have tried everything on the https://help.ea.com/en/article/losing-connection-to-ea-servers/

I am in the UAE 

Message 1 of 8 (8,744 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

I think I was convinced that this was caused by the EA game servers when I posted this, especially as it's not unknown for game servers to have a shaky start on game releases. I found I could play Call of Duty online so I thought there couldn't be a problem with my side.

But after checking with pingtest.net I found my line was quite jittery (the ping times were jumping around), the next day moved my router to a direct connection (it was previously connected through a patch panel) I restarted my ISP modem and router and found I could connect to the EA servers.

About a week later I had the same issue, again I checked pingtest.net and it was showing a lot of jitter so I restarted the ISP modem and rechecked the pingtest.net and it was improved.

So in conclusion I think the problem was on the ISP connection, but the EA servers are very sensitive to jitter.

View in thread

Message 5 of 8 (12,022 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Hello, yes im having the same issue on PC. but its weird i can play Blast, Hero hunt, pod drop, etc. (small ones) but cant play on Supremacy or walker assault or squadron.

Message 2 of 8 (8,711 Views)

★★★ Novice

Same Issuie on Xbox One I cant play big games either I just hope somebody knows how to fix this

Message 3 of 8 (8,681 Views)

★ Novice

I am having the same problem as well but with all game types, even the smaller ones such as Cargo I am getting this every 10th second, I was sceptical about getting an fps in the first place but thought as it was Starwars i'd give it a try and as it is a full multiplayer that any net issue wouldn't be a problem. Well i was right to be sceptical as in whatever match I play I seem to be the only affected one and am constantly losing matches and not getting the points I need to get better equipment and keep up with the crowd, Right now it just feels like a wasted investment  especially since it has no story/ big single player content to keep me satisfied whilst I wait for a fix

Message 4 of 8 (8,669 Views)

★★ Novice

I think I was convinced that this was caused by the EA game servers when I posted this, especially as it's not unknown for game servers to have a shaky start on game releases. I found I could play Call of Duty online so I thought there couldn't be a problem with my side.

But after checking with pingtest.net I found my line was quite jittery (the ping times were jumping around), the next day moved my router to a direct connection (it was previously connected through a patch panel) I restarted my ISP modem and router and found I could connect to the EA servers.

About a week later I had the same issue, again I checked pingtest.net and it was showing a lot of jitter so I restarted the ISP modem and rechecked the pingtest.net and it was improved.

So in conclusion I think the problem was on the ISP connection, but the EA servers are very sensitive to jitter.

Message 5 of 8 (12,023 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I haven't been able to play at all since I get so much lag and then get disconnected 

Message 6 of 8 (8,418 Views)

★★★ Newbie

before I was able to play the smaller game modes but now I cant play at all

Message 7 of 8 (8,328 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I was having the very same issue. I'm on PC but maybe it is a related issue. It affected Battlefield 4 as well with pings as high as 999 (BF4 tester said that it was because of packet loss). I did a couple of things that solved the problem for me, not sure it will work for you and I am in no way an expert in wireless configuration. I tested two things: First I connected via a hard line to my wireless router. That immediately solved the issue with normal pings in BF4 and not interruptions in Battlefront. Then I unplugged the network cable and sat next to my wireless router (to see if maybe my router was the issue). Again it solved the problem in both games by sitting next to the wireless router. So far so good, so I swapped the cable between my wireless router and my cable modem, thinking maybe the cable was bad and moved to where I normally keep my computer (in an adjacent room like 35 feet away) and tried wireless connectivity again and that's when it went back to getting the "very bad connection" notices in Battlefront and the high pings in BF4. So I am concluding that clearly it is interference from my computer to my wireless modem that is causing the packet loss. Sitting by my wireless router I had a full 5 bars of signal strength, moving to the adjacent room, I had 4 bars. Just loosing one bar of signal strength caused this problem, when I got a full 5 bars of connectivity, everything was fine. So in conclusion, I am planning on moving next to my router. I know that sounds ridiculous but in order to play my games I have to do that and at least I won't have to run a 35 foot network cable to the other room where I currently keep my computer. Where I keep it now is fine for everyday web browsing, video streaming, etc. but the amount of bandwidth theses games requires means I have to relocated my computer near my router. Again, not sure if this helps on PS4 or Xbox but it solved the problem for me.

Message 8 of 8 (4,641 Views)