"This account is currently logged in on another computer..." Error? Bug? Legit?

by wonderflex

Original Post

"This account is currently logged in on another computer..." Error? Bug? Legit?

★ Apprentice

Yesterday I received an error while logging into Origin that stated: "This account is currently logged in on another computer, if you log in anyway it will log the other computer out.."

I proceeded to change my password.  A little later I received the same message even though I had a different password.  

It doesn't look like anything has changed on my account, but this worrisome.  I've seen many other reports of this issue too.  So, is this a bug or is my account compromised? 

Message 1 of 6 (427 Views)

Re: "This account is currently logged in on another computer..." Error? Bug? Legit?

★★★★★ Expert

The only way to determine whether that message is a valid one is to discuss it with a Game Adviser.  No one in here has access to the Member Account information.

https://help.ea.com/

Message 2 of 6 (421 Views)

Re: "This account is currently logged in on another computer..." Error? Bug? Legit?

★★★ Novice

I tried a gameadviser. Pressing the link of you and filling in some dropdown info, I got a phonenumber in my country ( Holland ).

I called and the answer was: "Yes, I got that problem too lately, but I will ask a colleage:

He came back and said they did not know. Probably a bug....

I asked if Origin was working at it and I got another 'I don't know'.

That was not very helpful...

Message 3 of 6 (414 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Just as is true of any group, not all Game Advisers are willing to extend themselves.  TTBOMK, there is a flag in the account record that gets switched and shouldn't be, and a Game Adviser should be able to switch it off again, if he / she is willing to go outside of the book of scripts they are given to guide them. 

Message 4 of 6 (411 Views)

★★ Novice

I got this error last night as I was shutting down my computer but I thought it was just due to disconnecting the wifi. 6 hours later, my account was hacked.

Frown

Message 5 of 6 (406 Views)

★★★ Novice

Just as is true of any group, not all Game Advisers are willing to extend themselves.  TTBOMK, there is a flag in the account record that gets switched and shouldn't be, and a Game Adviser should be able to switch it off again, if he / she is willing to go outside of the book of scripts they are given to guide them. 

But the game advisor should help solving this problem, that's why they do their job. They should bring out a patch for this. There are a lot of players who have this problem and according to all posts here it seems to be very easy to hack Origin accounts.

That is very bad service.

Message 6 of 6 (397 Views)