Re: "Oops. Something went wrong. Please retry later."

by GrinningRuiner

Original Post

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Up to 10 times today of watching ads, and not getting gem payout.  Tried restarting the app, waiting extended periods between views, made sure app was up to date, tried with cellular data instead of wifi.  Effing frustrating.  Must be trying to put a chokehold onto the hoarding of gems before S2 arrives.

BPRD

Message 31 of 40 (3,652 Views)

★★ Novice

I've been having this problem for months. I contacted support. I was given 200 gems from support, this doesn't even touch the amount of gems I've not gotten. I see MANY other people have had this issue, and I don't see anyone saying that it is fixed now.

My player ID is

app version 1.16.10

Nexus 5X

Android 7.1.2 July 2, 2017 

Message 32 of 40 (3,538 Views)

★★ Pro

@JoeXAwesome wrote:

I've been having this problem for months. I contacted support. I was given 200 gems from support, this doesn't even touch the amount of gems I've not gotten. I see MANY other people have had this issue, and I don't see anyone saying that it is fixed now.

My player ID is

app version 1.16.10

Nexus 5X

Android 7.1.2 July 2, 2017 

It's been many months for me as well.

When I talked to support a couple months ago, the woman offered me 500 gems, and I declined. I said to just fix the app and I'll be happy.

In hindsight, I realize that was dumb. The ads still don't work, and I have 500 less gems than I could have.

Message 33 of 40 (3,530 Views)

★★★★ Novice

This has been happening to me as well in the last 24 hours.

CONSPIRACY THEORY: The error message started when I got to 995 gems, only 1 ad away from getting a "bonus pack" (11 instead of 10) of cards.

I spoke to both a customer service agent and technical services rep today. Both were SUPER NICE! But: Neither could help me. And neither could compensate my time (e.g. in the form of gems). One suggested that I post in the forums, but I had checked here first; these threads have been around for a while.

I know that in-game currency (gems) in exchange for watching ads isn't my "right" per se, but I have legitimately spent quite a lot of real money $ on this game to support its development. Having the advertisements play through to the end—and then present me with an error message—seems to me to be dishonest on the part of EA. It shows that EA gets its advertising dollars, and my cut of that isn't received.

Frustrating.

player ID = sunbears4me

platform = iOS (all updates to iOS and app etc were verified by tech service rep as being adequate)

Message 34 of 40 (3,443 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Currently having this issue.
iPhone 6
Maegan2345
Message 35 of 40 (3,239 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

it's been so long and nothing happened, i played the game a year ago and the help center was very responsive, now they close the case without even replying to me Frown

player id : 1002747455847

Iphone 7

Message 36 of 40 (3,001 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
I have this same issue, so annoying and a waste of time.

I have tried it on multiple devices to see if it makes any difference and it doesn't. I have a iPhone 5, iPhone 6 and a android tablet and I can watch a few successfully but then the problems start and I just give up. All devices are upto date and this happens with wifi or mobile data.

Has anyone from ea confirmed there is a issue at all or is it falling on deaf ears and wasting my time writing this reply?

Player ID is 1003053465372
Message 37 of 40 (2,916 Views)

★★★★ Novice

2019 and lately i have been encountering the same problems while playing on the brand new galaxy s10 plus with a tested minimal download connectivity of 120mb/s. I doubt that it has anything to do with the device, internet or android. I found out that it mostly occured with a playable video of final fantasy. Perhaps that one is bugged. Pls fix because it keeps me from further progression...

Message 38 of 40 (2,168 Views)

★ Pro

Some ads even don't give gems and no errors. Waiting icon just keeps running until I close the app. Very frustrating.

Message 39 of 40 (2,156 Views)

★★ Novice

EA! YOU NEED TO FIX THIS RIGHT NOW!!!!

Message 40 of 40 (1,696 Views)