Re: product code already used

by RedFoxxie

Original Post

product code already used

★★★ Newbie

I bought sims 4 and downloaded it onto my old laptop, which has sense broke down completely. I have a new computer now, but when I logged into origin it said I didn't own any games, and when I tried to redownload sims 4, it said the product code had already been used. is there anything I can do about this? 

Message 1 of 2 (120 Views)

Re: product code already used

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

You have most likely logged in to another account or made yourself a new one accidentally.

Can you remember the e-mail you used to make your account on your old laptop ? Use that e-mail to login to your Origin. Try any e-mails you may have used in the past and perhaps one of them happens to be the one you used to use in the past. The games on Origin are bound to your account and hence can only be used a single time, that is why you get the message that your product key is already in use. It is bound to the account you used originally.

If you are unsure what to do, go directly to the EA's support and give them the Sims 4 product code of yours and perhaps they can help you with that to find your former account it is bound on : https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

Good luck.

Message 2 of 2 (115 Views)