Re: origin stuck loading store page

by Straatford87

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

One last little tidbit because it hasnt been mentioned here yet....

For me, when I altered my DNS server settings on the network adapter, it still didnt work until I also disabled IPv6 on the adapter.

Now, finally, I can reach origin.com and the client is working again.

Message 51 of 71 (2,169 Views)

★ Novice
Changing my DNS worked for me as well. Will keep tabs on this thread.
Message 52 of 71 (2,149 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I live super close to EA HQ, and this was affecting me pretty badly until I changed my DNS to Google's 8.8.8.8

Message 53 of 71 (2,081 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

@scottisamus @2DWaifu @Sleepingeasy @Meatcubed @KEVINGUNZ

Hi all,

Thanks for all the extra information that you've provided along the way. Could you please give me an update in the meantime if everything's working for you?

Thank you,

Message 54 of 71 (2,010 Views)

★★★★ Novice

It's no longer working for me. The DNS change has not prevented me from getting significant rubber-banding. 

Message 55 of 71 (1,928 Views)

EA DICE Team

@2DWaifu

Can you revert back to normal DNS settings and try again?

We've meanwhile investigated and made some changes which means changing the DNS should no longer be necessary.

Message 56 of 71 (1,920 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@Straatford87 I just reverted my DNS to auto and it is working for me. Let's see what other folks come back with but that's a promising sign.

Thanks for your work on this issue.

Message 57 of 71 (1,909 Views)

EA DICE Team

@scottisamus

That's good news - thanks for getting back to me. I hope it's ok for everyone else as well.. :-)

Game on!

Message 58 of 71 (1,883 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hey Tom,

Removed the DNS settings, and it now works correctly without having Origin fail to load my library, etc.

I've found issues now regarding rubberbanding that is specific to when both my girlfriend and I log onto Battlefield 1 at the same time. If it's one of us, there's no issue. The second I log onto Battlefield 1, we both significantly rubber band. The very instant that I log off, the rubber banding disappears. 

I don't believe that it's bandwidth related as we have that in abundance (I get 350+ mbps down) and have had both computer simultaneously use far more than running two instances of Battlefield 1.

This has only been happening for about two weeks, or since the last patch went out for Origin/Battlefield.

Do you have any recommendations or information that I can use to help figure out what's going on with that?

Message 59 of 71 (1,863 Views)

EA DICE Team

@2DWaifu

Good news that you were able to revert to your normal DNS.

The rubber banding is something that I'm not familiar with and haven't heard before. This wouldn't be related to Origin, so in terms of tips or suggestions, you might want to create a post about this on the Battlefield 1 forum to see if other players experienced this as well, and how they've resolved it:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/bd-p/battlefield-1-technical-issues-en

Feel free to tag me when you've been able to find out more.

Message 60 of 71 (1,840 Views)